codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,336 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Theroe said:

I was out this morning at 4 AM – I went all the way down to the golf ball without seeing any signs of life. I marked plenty of fish though.....I caught a few shorts between 630 and 8:30AM in the WE area.......Oddly enough they wouldn’t touch a live baby squid or a live mack. The fish I caught all came on a mackerel pattern deep diving rebel.......trolled!

they are hitting small silver jigs rigged with an appropriate size hook (silver too)... 30-40g.  

2 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

filleted bass #12 this morning,still no sandeels in the belly,the last 2 had tiny peanut bunker stuffed in their bellies.glad I have no boat this season,have been out on my buddies boat 6 times and the best day was

not even close to my worst night of fishing

i’m not surprised, lots of bait in tight

Last night 4 of us fished the 9-12 pm window , nary a bite. The score is tied. A skunking across the board , so it continues. If 2 of the best don’t come tight I don’t feel too bad. To be continued 

6 hours ago, Kones1 said:

Last night 4 of us fished the 9-12 pm window , nary a bite. The score is tied. A skunking across the board , so it continues. If 2 of the best don’t come tight I don’t feel too bad. To be continued 

Thanks for keeping score:)keep us in the loop:):)

9 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

not a skunk,i had  three 12 inch fish and a nice black bomber,the second round was a skunk though

I o u. You are correct. I can’t thank you enough for all that bro. Looking forward to another night 

Was out on friends slightly larger boat than mine and it got snotty out there quickly today but just as the forecasts predicted.