codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,031 posts in this topic

from the sounds of it beach fishing is much better than it is off the boats.Even though the bass are chasing herring the 4 fish I have filletso far none have had herring in their bellies.one had what looked like a 16 inch haddock or hake and a12 inch whiting.another some sandeels and sand fleas one empty,and the last a 14 inch bunker.so to match the hatch what do I throw?

How big were the sand fleas (mole crabs)? In Jersey they rake and drift them on lightly weighted leaders and do fairly well. But that's bait fishing obviously.

But it's hard to go wrong with any sand eel imitation. 

2 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

from the sounds of it beach fishing is much better than it is off the boats.Even though the bass are chasing herring the 4 fish I have filletso far none have had herring in their bellies.one had what looked like a 16 inch haddock or hake and a12 inch whiting.another some sandeels and sand fleas one empty,and the last a 14 inch bunker.so to match the hatch what do I throw?

Explosives?

3 hours ago, bdowning said:

How big were the sand fleas (mole crabs)? In Jersey they rake and drift them on lightly weighted leaders and do fairly well. But that's bait fishing obviously.

But it's hard to go wrong with any sand eel imitation. 

"But it's hard to go wrong with any sand eel imitation." :):) even 50 s like sand eels:):)

67487225_1303708639795821_383729944640880640_n.jpg

CCB Weather be careful :)

Today
NNW wind 7 to 10 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 8am. Seas around 1 ft.
Tonight
Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
Wednesday
Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, mainly between 9am and 3pm. Seas around 1 ft.
Wednesday Night
Variable winds 5 kt or less. A slight chance of showers before 10pm, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 10pm and 3am. Patchy fog. Seas around 1 ft.
Thursday
Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 10am. Seas around 1 ft.
Thursday Night
SSW wind around 7 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
Friday
NNE wind 8 to 11 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 4:58 PM, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

the  sand fleas are tiny,maybe the size of a pencil ereaser

Earlier this year in May and early June the mole grabs were loaded right in the last couple of feet in the wash at West Dennis beach[after supper ride].Every time you dragged a plug especially the trebles would have atleast 3-4 crabs impaled.These were easily an inch long and 3/4 across.Last year it was the same.Recovering from surgery from the 12th of June.Haven't been in a vehicle since.The actual fishing from that traditional bluefish beach has been next to horrible for the most part[couple of micro schoolies amongst many casters].

I've fished W Dennis for 30 years and the last few have been getting worse and worse with almost no bluefish and very few schoolies. Don't see the runs of squid that were abundant 20 years ago.

2 hours ago, zeke04 said:

I've fished W Dennis for 30 years and the last few have been getting worse and worse with almost no bluefish and very few schoolies. Don't see the runs of squid that were abundant 20 years ago.

That's not good:eek: