FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

codfish

5 hours ago, jp said:

Came over yesterday about 7am hoping early June bass.  Started around Ranger station and made my way down past Peaked Hill.  Mackerel boats working, tons of macs, no sign of bass.  Birds working on sand eels being pushed up by macs.  Poked around for a bit, no signs of any bass.  Worked back to the point, saw Rich in the Beth Ann headed where we had been - maybe he found some.  No signs of bass anywhere.  Decided to try fishing ledge for bottom fish, couldn't get clams past the macs, ended up back of Marshfield for haddock.  good dinner.  

How deep for haddock?

Short trip today. Launched at hi-tide because of other commitments and headed toward the #1 can at the shoal. Had to be back home by 2 pm for another commitment.    Good steady action on the south edge but no keepers.  Fish ranged from about 15" to 26".  Awesome day on the water with my wife.  Unfortunately I'm running into a boat issue and don't know how soon I'll be back.

8 hours ago, whaler1889 said:

Short trip today. Launched at hi-tide because of other commitments and headed toward the #1 can at the shoal. Had to be back home by 2 pm for another commitment.    Good steady action on the south edge but no keepers.  Fish ranged from about 15" to 26".  Awesome day on the water with my wife.  Unfortunately I'm running into a boat issue and don't know how soon I'll be back.

Thanks

12 hours ago, whaler1889 said:

Tom - hope you work through those "issues" sooner than later. Last year a bum load of fuel did me in for weeks. Hope to make it up this weekend for haddock !!!

Dana

9 hours ago, Theroe said:

Tom - hope you work through those "issues" sooner than later. Last year a bum load of fuel did me in for weeks. Hope to make it up this weekend for haddock !!!

Dana

Dana,

I spent the whole day working on the boat and I’m going to give it a try tomorrow. 

Good luck with the haddock fishing.  I hope to give that a try soon.  

Im fanatical now when it comes to the fuel in my boat. Buy from the same one or two gas stations and add the stabil and ring free  at each fill up. So far I have been successful the last 4 years.  I was the one who had the fuel problems when we met haha!

Tom

2 hours ago, whaler1889 said:

Dana,

I spent the whole day working on the boat and I’m going to give it a try tomorrow. 

Good luck with the haddock fishing.  I hope to give that a try soon.  

Im fanatical now when it comes to the fuel in my boat. Buy from the same one or two gas stations and add the stabil and ring free  at each fill up. So far I have been successful the last 4 years.  I was the one who had the fuel problems when we met haha!

Tom

Friend of mine picked us up to go fishin after fueling up 100 gals at his marina.  Boat ran fine all morning. Within a half mile the port engine was at zero psi and kept stalling. Just before throttle up time the starboard engine went "klunk" and never turned over again.

We learned an epensive lesson in fuel fanatacism at his expense. 

DITCH TROLL

9 hours ago, pogie_boy said:

Friend of mine picked us up to go fishin after fueling up 100 gals at his marina.  Boat ran fine all morning. Within a half mile the port engine was at zero psi and kept stalling. Just before throttle up time the starboard engine went "klunk" and never turned over again.

We learned an epensive lesson in fuel fanatacism at his expense. 

Yiks, how did he correct the problem??

3 hours ago, codfish said:

Yiks, how did he correct the problem??

Boat is still in drydock. 

He had a sticky cylinder in the starboard engine so that one is likely going to be a new powerhead anyhow. Still havent heard about the fuel. 

We got the port engine running by just opening the line and getting fuel to flow.  We got back to the dock with the help of the marina tender.

DITCH TROLL

6 hours ago, pogie_boy said:

Boat is still in drydock. 

He had a sticky cylinder in the starboard engine so that one is likely going to be a new powerhead anyhow. Still havent heard about the fuel. 

We got the port engine running by just opening the line and getting fuel to flow.  We got back to the dock with the help of the marina tender.

nice