codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,060 posts in this topic

Got out earlier in the week (upper cape). Lots of stripes from dinks to marginal legal arnd. Tops for me was 27.75" :shaky: Sluggos. 

15 hours ago, codfish said:

Anyone get out today??

South side beaches in Harwich are MUNGED up real bad...disappointing to say the least. Haven't had much luck this season so far...

6 hours ago, bradW said:

South side beaches in Harwich are MUNGED up real bad...disappointing to say the least. Haven't had much luck this season so far...

Mung yuk, this does not totally solve the problem but it makes life much easier:)

P1280405-600x311.jpg

59 mins ago, codfish said:

Mung yuk, this does not totally solve the problem but it makes life much easier:)

P1280405-600x311.jpg

Ooooooooh!  a weedless hurley sandeel!?

3 mins ago, pogie_boy said:

Ooooooooh!  a weedless hurley sandeel!?

Yup, when the Mung hits it makes life a lot better:):) but I still hate mung:laugh::laugh: wounder where they came up with that name "Mung" any idea??

1 hour ago, codfish said:

Yup, when the Mung hits it makes life a lot better:):) but I still hate mung:laugh::laugh: wounder where they came up with that name "Mung" any idea??

idk officially but my whole life that’s what it was - and it definitely sounds right when you first see the water and its there and you say, “oh ****...mung”

1 hour ago, nicknotsebastian said:

idk officially but my whole life that’s what it was - and it definitely sounds right when you first see the water and its there and you say, “oh ****...mung”

:)I feel your pain:)

In the 60s and 70s, the gypsies had another name for it.........There used to be a lot of people that caravaned around and made a living off catching fish from the surf.  Come to think of it, a lot of money came off that back beach when I was younger – a lot!