codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,060 posts in this topic

Got out earlier in the week (upper cape). Lots of stripes from dinks to marginal legal arnd. Tops for me was 27.75" :shaky: Sluggos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, codfish said:

Anyone get out today??

South side beaches in Harwich are MUNGED up real bad...disappointing to say the least. Haven't had much luck this season so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bradW said:

South side beaches in Harwich are MUNGED up real bad...disappointing to say the least. Haven't had much luck this season so far...

Mung yuk, this does not totally solve the problem but it makes life much easier:)

P1280405-600x311.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 mins ago, codfish said:

Mung yuk, this does not totally solve the problem but it makes life much easier:)

P1280405-600x311.jpg

Ooooooooh!  a weedless hurley sandeel!?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, pogie_boy said:

Ooooooooh!  a weedless hurley sandeel!?

 

Yup, when the Mung hits it makes life a lot better:):) but I still hate mung:laugh::laugh: wounder where they came up with that name "Mung" any idea??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, codfish said:

Yup, when the Mung hits it makes life a lot better:):) but I still hate mung:laugh::laugh: wounder where they came up with that name "Mung" any idea??

idk officially but my whole life that’s what it was - and it definitely sounds right when you first see the water and its there and you say, “oh ****...mung”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicknotsebastian said:

idk officially but my whole life that’s what it was - and it definitely sounds right when you first see the water and its there and you say, “oh ****...mung”

:)I feel your pain:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the 60s and 70s, the gypsies had another name for it.........There used to be a lot of people that caravaned around and made a living off catching fish from the surf.  Come to think of it, a lot of money came off that back beach when I was younger – a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now