codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

769 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, catatonic said:

Bought a nauset orv sticker to  expand My horizons a bit.

Bear in mind that the back trails flood with raw saltwater.Especially down around the "cupola house[Chesters]" and in other spots too.

5 hours ago, bassmaster said:

Damn,  you guys love seal fishing  so much , you got a nauset sticka

Seals everywhere here now.....if I stopped fishing areas that had seals I’d be in my bathtub 

14 hours ago, catatonic said:

I’ve got lots of friends with boats.....I spend enough time on boats.

unless it’s to chase tuna I’d rather fish the beach/kayak for bass and blues.

I am not sure what it is but there is something magical when you catch a large fish from the beach:)

18 hours ago, whaler1889 said:

How far south can one travel on the oversand route on Nauset beach these days? Last time I had a Nauset permit was 25 years ago.

It's a little less than 6 miles to the point (just south of trail 8) from the check in booth.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

It’s too bad about the woman who went missing in her kayak last night. Still searching for her friend I believe. Tide must be ripping. Sad

Edited by rbart

27 mins ago, rbart said:

It’s too bad about the woman who went missing in her kayak last night. Still searching for her friend I believe. Tide must be ripping. Sad

we went with the binocs to “the top of the stairs” this am after we heard the woman was found “unresponsive” right here at like 6:30 this morning.

the coast guard helicopter was still making a pattern from ptown, along the shore to the pamet, then back across to long point til about 10am.  There were also a couple different coast guard boats we could see out between wood end and long point.  Also what looked like some “official”vehicles on the beach along there too.

apparently, they were still trying to find the kayak and the man.

the wind is kicking up.  i sure hope they find something before the weather gets worse.

2 hours ago, rbart said:

She was a nurse who worked for the VNA with my mom, very sad

Strange morning fishing today. I thought it would be great early with the fog. I found a ton of stripers hanging around in shallow water just below the surface. I was spooking them with the kayak and on casts but not getting many bites except for a couple micros. Then once it started pouring rain the bite turned on with bigger fish up to 25”. I caught one with a crazy stripe pattern and also caught the biggest hickory shad I’ve ever seen. Was 16” and hit a 5.5” finS fish. The thing rocketed out of the water like a tarpon. 

E581147E-844B-43C4-A3AF-1903FD9C220D.jpeg

3A0B7EAE-B751-4DD1-A21E-D0154F1BD49D.jpeg