codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,028 posts in this topic

57 mins ago, codfish said:

I will say there is something magical about catching from the beach:):)

I will always prefer targeting bass and blues from the beach. 

Boats are nice for other species like tog and fluke.

Why is it when I fish from shore, the fish are just out of casting range............and when I’m in the boat the fish are up tight to the beach ;()

5 hours ago, nicknotsebastian said:

absolutely.  just sayin boat fishing of course counts too.  its just different than shore fishing.  not better or worse.

I did some magical casting this evening now I have to work on my catching:laugh:

thumbnail (1).jpg

Washington or Oregon salmon run. The fish bunch up before going through fish ladders. I suspect it’s why Washington closed rec fishing down. I went to one once when I was 9 or 10.  Mayhem, heavy canal type gear.

20 hours ago, Theroe said:

Why is it when I fish from shore, the fish are just out of casting range............and when I’m in the boat the fish are up tight to the beach ;()

This is why I use kayaks or little boats and fish 100-400 yards out. For whatever reason, that has always been the magic distance. I’ve caught more fish at that range then wandering all over Nantucket sound. 

24 mins ago, codfish said:

Does anyone have a mackerel report??

Heard SWC had a lot. I have been out haddock fishing (south shore area) 4 times and have yet to see macks. 

2 hours ago, codfish said:

Does anyone have a mackerel report??

was asking around yesterday.  replies i got included “any day” (this is p-town to rp/backside areas). are school bass on bayside of lower cape (got off sesuit while floundering yesterday).  i usually see the macs just after first schoolies off ptown.

1 hour ago, nicknotsebastian said:

was asking around yesterday.  replies i got included “any day” (this is p-town to rp/backside areas). are school bass on bayside of lower cape (got off sesuit while floundering yesterday).  i usually see the macs just after first schoolies off ptown.

School bass are in the bay, but I have not heard about any keepers from the beach:)