codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,028 posts in this topic

We did okay on the inshore bite. It was much better early. Didn’t limit out but got 15 really good size ones. Didn’t catch a single short. They were stuffed with baby sand eels. Also got a few big cod that went back of course. They looked tasty. 

A70B2F47-F882-487E-AF24-DAB304489721.jpeg

B7BCCA8B-B527-46F6-8F4F-1D1CC09058EC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loaded some lures today with some BB's,  went fishing  was non stop, go out and fish , get some air.

Anyway it was nice having fast action in my back yard, small schoolies crushed barbs = fun

 

20200426_125741.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bassmaster said:

loaded some lures today with some BB's,  went fishing  was non stop, go out and fish , get some air.

Anyway it was nice having fast action in my back yard, small schoolies crushed barbs = fun

 

20200426_125741.jpg

Was this in MA waters??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BillyBallGame said:

We did okay on the inshore bite. It was much better early. Didn’t limit out but got 15 really good size ones. Didn’t catch a single short. They were stuffed with baby sand eels. Also got a few big cod that went back of course. They looked tasty. 

A70B2F47-F882-487E-AF24-DAB304489721.jpeg

B7BCCA8B-B527-46F6-8F4F-1D1CC09058EC.jpeg

Talk on the street was allowing 1 cod, any word on this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 mins ago, codfish said:

Talk on the street was allowing 1 cod, any word on this??

Not until 2021 I believe. We have a window sept15-30 for 1 fish this year. Then next year, I think April 15-30 and the fall window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillyBallGame said:

Not until 2021 I believe. We have a window sept15-30 for 1 fish this year. Then next year, I think April 15-30 and the fall window. 

Yes, I read the same thing. In all honesty I don’t know if I would keep one though(me personally), Due to the decimated cod stocks.

Dana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Theroe said:

Yes, I read the same thing. In all honesty I don’t know if I would keep one though(me personally), Due to the decimated cod stocks.

Dana

Thanks:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haddock weather for the bank:)

oday
N wind 20 to 23 kt decreasing to 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 8am. Seas 11 ft subsiding to 7 ft.
Tonight
WNW wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
Wednesday
NE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
Wednesday Night
SE wind 11 to 13 kt. A slight chance of showers after 3am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Thursday
SE wind 15 to 19 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
Thursday Night
SE wind 18 to 21 kt. A chance of showers, mainly after midnight. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 5 ft.
Friday
SSE wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Showers likely. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 5 to 6 ft.
Friday Night
S wind 13 to 16 kt becoming SW 8 to 11 kt after midnight. Showers likely. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Saturday
WSW wind around 9 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member