codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,087 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

so codfish how many boats do you own?it seems every time you post a picture of your boat it is differant.

The boat in the pic is my lobster skiff that was repowered last year with a new pot hauler:), I also picked up a 21 ft open alum CC for fishing the flats in CCB, December I bought a new trailer for it also signed a contract for a new motor, Some people love motorcycles I LOVE boats:) especially used boats.The ? is what do I do with the 3 fishing kayaks I have??

3 hours ago, codfish said:

Here is a picture of the used boat I could have bought for $3000, no motor just the boat, What a mistake on my part:banghd: 

5bddcb9999f89_paca.jpg.2f1f3995ce30db63f6e24e660a1b5c30.jpg

Was there a giant hole on the other side?  That deal seems to good to be true. 

9 hours ago, J Powers said:

codfish,

Was the seller a guy named Steve P  ?

J Powers it was not, the boat was up for sale back 8 or 9 years, hull only it needed a trailer and motor.

I was hoping for some fresh scallops, not sure if they will be getting out Ptown weather

TODAY  SW winds 10 to 15 kt, increasing to 15 to 20 kt this  afternoon. Gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.  TONIGHT  SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 30 kt, decreasing to  20 kt after midnight. Seas 2 to 4 ft.  SAT  SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas 3 to  5 ft.  SAT NIGHT  SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt. Seas  4 to 6 ft. A chance of showers.  SUN  SW winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts up to 35 kt. Seas 4 to  7 ft. Showers likely with a chance of tstms.  SUN NIGHT  W winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming  N 5 to 10 kt after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.

With the fantastic weather today, I got a chance to climb under the tarp and work on the boat today.  Way ahead of my normal schedule.  Last trip this past fall I had an electrical issue and I realized that my wiring was not properly labeled.  Spent the day labeling wires and making a spare fuse list.  Plan to attach a spare fuse kit on the boat in a very convenient location.  Great way to spend an early January day.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, codfish said:

The boat in the pic is my lobster skiff that was repowered last year with a new pot hauler:), I also picked up a 21 ft open alum CC for fishing the flats in CCB, December I bought a new trailer for it also signed a contract for a new motor, Some people love motorcycles I LOVE boats:) especially used boats.The ? is what do I do with the 3 fishing kayaks I have??

What kind of 21’ aluminum boat did you get?  that’s crazy someone would sell a Pacific that cheap. 

Its a rebuild Alum, nothing like a Pacific boat, older Blue Fin but it works for me:) Back when the Pacific style boat was for sale It was a friend who owned it every year I see him he says the same thing "what was I thinking selling that boat"