codfish

FISH REPORT 2020 Cape Cod Bay to the Back Side of Province town "sand eel city"

Rate this topic

1,051 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, codfish said:

Looking to soak some bait for that first fish of the year:)anyone else hitting the beach?

I'm planning on going out this afternoon to a south shore spot. I've never had any luck there but I'm convinced I'll eventually catch something over 12" in the spot but not expecting anything. Just looking to test my gear out. 

Edited by Turkeybacn

11 mins ago, Turkeybacn said:

I'm planning on going out this afternoon to the back river/herring run in Weymouth. I've never had any luck there but I'm convinced I'll eventually catch something over 12" in the back river but not expecting anything. Just looking to test my gear out. 

Nice:)

93827160_3519322968094305_1259247358504337408_n.jpg

19 mins ago, Turkeybacn said:

I'm planning on going out this afternoon to the back river/herring run in Weymouth. I've never had any luck there but I'm convinced I'll eventually catch something over 12" in the back river but not expecting anything. Just looking to test my gear out. 

Small plugs up river from the 3A bridge.

2 hours ago, zeke04 said:

Lures, don't use bait at all anymore.

Thanks:) something about my rod in a sand spike soaking mackerel chunks to start the season:)

I'm heading to the cape this weekend for a few days.  Have a few projects to complete but at the same time I'm thinking of breaking out my old surf gear and try some beach fishing again for the first time in many years as I need to keep busy.  Boat is almost ready and I hope to do some haddock fishing soon but it may mean that we have to wear PPE  then disinfect boat afterwards, as I won't boat by myself.  I'm in a rather vulnerable age group  ( which most of us are) when it comes to Covid-19 and don't want to take unnecessary risks.

can you go to the cape and leave after a couple days ?

you’re already in MA ?  i’m going out soon too but waiting for when i want to be there for a mandatory 14 day self quarantine stretch.

as for the boat... we’re planning to stick to fishing only within self quarantined “safe” groups - people we all trust are taking it serious and keeping safe and to themselves.

then i’d think then you can co-mingle outdoors / on the boat safely.  for me its my brothers family and some other close fishing friends.

you just have to start planning ahead so everyone knows they’ve at least self quarantined the minimum before its time to start fishing!

either that or total separation until there’s a vaccine ???... that may even be after next season ???

Edited by nicknotsebastian

Hello everyone, hope you all are healthy and safe. We’ve been self quarantining down here, trying to stay away from all of the other people who are not taking this seriously. I am in the over 60 group, so I’m more of a risk from some of the younger guys. The good news is that Raritan Bay is filled with big stripers, wont be long before they head north to the Cape for the summer!

i’m thinking about bringing the boat up to the Cape this weekend to go out and try for some haddock, although I’m not thrilled about going alone. Is anyone else going to venture out, as long as the weather looks decent?

be well

Dana

Edited by Theroe
Typo

9 hours ago, Theroe said:

Hello everyone, hope you all are healthy and safe. We’ve been self quarantining down here, trying to stay away from all of the other people who are not taking this seriously. I am in the over 60 group, so I’m more of a risk from some of the younger guys. The good news is that Raritan Bay is filled with big stripers, wont be long before they head north to the Cape for the summer!

i’m thinking about bringing the boat up to the Cape this weekend to go out and try for some haddock, although I’m not thrilled about going alone. Is anyone else going to venture out, as long as the weather looks decent?

be well

Dana

Dana have you checked out the Mass fisheries app for haddock locations?

12 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

so some of you think its ok to travel a distance to go fishing?what happened to stay at home ? dont think fishing is a necessity,or maybe it is.

Haddock fishing is a form of grocery shopping:):) just fresher.