Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

I've been making the same resolution for over 20 years, and I've succeeded every year.

Instead of resolving to NOT do something, or to NOT eat something, I resolve to DO something.

I resolve to do something, ANYTHING new this or any year.

Here is my reasoning:

When you resolve to NOT do something you are basically giving yourself a chance for failure each and every day. Imagine failing on Dec 31st?

When I resolve to do something new, I have the entire year to succeed. I can succeed on day 1 or day 365/6, and there is no specific thing required. All I have to do is do anything new.

Since I adopted this process I don't have any regrets, grief or issues because of a failed resolution. In other words, I'm a lot happier!

Hope you all have a HAPPY 2020!!!

11 mins ago, FishermanTim said:

I've been making the same resolution for over 20 years, and I've succeeded every year.

Instead of resolving to NOT do something, or to NOT eat something, I resolve to DO something.

I resolve to do something, ANYTHING new this or any year.

Here is my reasoning:

When you resolve to NOT do something you are basically giving yourself a chance for failure each and every day. Imagine failing on Dec 31st?

When I resolve to do something new, I have the entire year to succeed. I can succeed on day 1 or day 365/6, and there is no specific thing required. All I have to do is do anything new.

Since I adopted this process I don't have any regrets, grief or issues because of a failed resolution. In other words, I'm a lot happier!

Hope you all have a HAPPY 2020!!!

you did something. you overthought the fuq out of it. 

I just like the way 2020 rolls off the tongue, new decade, all that. Just hoping for more peace and understanding. I don't make resolutions, my mantra just for me is.....

Don't be mean.

Empathize.

And ya never know who jesus might be.   :laugh:

Best to all ya crazy MOFO's in the new decade. :beers:

41 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Not a big fan of resolutions.  My goal...to be better.  

Yours?

Unlock the other thread.

PSA from the Fakebook:

If you signing / dating anything important write out the whole year. If you just write 1/1/20 someone can easily change it to 1/1/2017 or any year since 2000.

Only resolution I have is to keep working on the A1C. Have been slacking the last few months.