Drew C.

SE CT Saltwater Fly Clubs

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

I'm not aware of any in this general area (I live in Madison,CT). After seeing The Graveyard Shift's post from 12/17 I'm wondering if there are guys in this area willing to try and start something up.  If there's any interest, post here and we'll see what we can do.

9 mins ago, The Graveyard Shift said:

Drew happy to set up a call or email to give you insight as to what worked and what did not.  

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. 

right now interest seems sparse but I will bump this up here and there. 

There used to be a group called something like Conn/RI Coastal Flyrodders but I don't know if they're still active. I believe they met in Mystic.

Steve Culton

2 hours ago, The Fisherman said:

There used to be a group called something like Conn/RI Coastal Flyrodders but I don't know if they're still active. I believe they met in Mystic.

Steve Culton

I looked them up, couldn't find anything even remotely current.

5 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. 

right now interest seems sparse but I will bump this up here and there. 

We started the club in 2018.  2018 was not very successful we had 9 people sign up and had a very hard time getting any group event to happen.  SOL and instagram were helpful but word of mouth is king.  The most important thing is find all fishing related events and start getting word out at those events or places.  Tackle shops, fishing shows, showings of the fly film tour, ect.  That generated the most momentum for our group

Last time I was up for weakfish in NH there were several guys fly fishing from the Connecticut surfcasters association.  I never made it to one of their meetings and maybe they're the only fly fisherman in the club, but they seemed like nice guys and might be worth checking out. 

18 hours ago, The Graveyard Shift said:

We started the club in 2018.  2018 was not very successful we had 9 people sign up and had a very hard time getting any group event to happen.  SOL and instagram were helpful but word of mouth is king.  The most important thing is find all fishing related events and start getting word out at those events or places.  Tackle shops, fishing shows, showings of the fly film tour, ect.  That generated the most momentum for our group

The CT Fly Fisherman's Association meets this Wednesday night in East Hartford. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 1/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, Drew C. said:

I looked them up, couldn't find anything even remotely current.

CT / RI Coastal Fly Fishing Club

Edited by TimS
We don’t allow FB links here