UncleJohn

January 2020 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

205 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, JimK said:

I gave it a quick shot this morning around Sunrise Moco. Saw Bass tailing on a sandbar. Couldn't get them to hit. Nothing big but they're still around. Feel like I should give it a shot after Dark. Haven't really finished at night in a while now.

Very frustrating yesterday Jim. They would hit but not commit.  Happy New Year my friend.

3 hours ago, AH Perry said:

Fished yesterday sunrise and sunset about 2 hrs each trip, nothing for me. Had a fish roll in the wash right in front of me at sunset so I think they are there but water a little too stained.  I think (hope) with the higher than normal temps they will still be there when the water clears. 

Happened to me once in 30 yrs of fishing the surf. It was scary! Just walking along then the next step my left leg sunk up to my waiste. I thought for a second, is this the way I'm gonna go? Took a little doing getting free but it was an experience.  It was summer and no beach replenishment near by so I think it was a hole dug by some kid during the day that filled with loose sand, I really don't know to this day why it happened.

Ive had the same thing happen to me in the middle of summer with no replenishment around, had to kind of lay on my stomach and shimmy out.  Definitely crossed my mind that this could be it.

46 mins ago, For His Honor said:

Very frustrating yesterday Jim. They would hit but not commit.  Happy New Year my friend.

Happy New Year John!  I'll be making quick trips up to the beach here and there as long as the weather holds out and the water temperature doesn't drop off too much. I'm sure I'll see you around when you're down here.

So who's catching fish, where, using what in what color and size.  Report as much as you can or more if possible.

Happy New Year you filthy animals. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 mins ago, fishless said:

So who's catching fish, where, using what in what color and size.  Report as much as you can or more if possible.

fish are right where you left them. nSilver black sp and the herring mag darter silver blue back :fire:

Edited by crazybellringer

Just now, crazybellringer said:

fish are right where you left them. 

Yup I'm aware but I'm content with the efforts of 2019.  I'm in relax mode.  Will shift gears and look for some other species when the motivation hits me.   

6 mins ago, fishless said:

Yup I'm aware but I'm content with the efforts of 2019.  I'm in relax mode.  Will shift gears and look for some other species when the motivation hits me.   

See ya around the sand pile. 

13 mins ago, fishless said:

OC on the beach 6:15am today

6:45 am 

caught (4) 20-24” hooked up one after the other

bone mag darter 

sun cracked the horizon and bye bye

Hung out for breakfast until the tide turned 

9a-11a with everything from mag to sp to metal lip to shad and so on...Notta

57 mins ago, fishless said:

I cleaned my gear put most of it away but this saturday looks to be really nice. I  am debating getting everything back out but it's a lot of work for dinky doodle sea squirles. 

8 mins ago, bbfish said:

Found these cleaning out my man cave yesterday.  2020 is off to a good start.

32634355-CD21-49DE-A9FC-B7AD51883CB3.jpeg

For the newer members here is the Vision Sand Eel, AKA the MC55.  Deadlier than a dick

Got a few bags left myself. I bring out one new one every fall. I know there are some guys who make a good home made one but I’m still amazed no one has made a copy of this and put into mass production. 

1 hour ago, fishless said:

For the newer members here is the Vision Sand Eel, AKA the MC55.  Deadlier than a dick

Saying ya like dick????:point: