HillTop

2020 All Things Fly Fishing

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Garshark572 said:

Caught my first fish of 2020 and it was the first fish I ever caught on a fly that I tied.  Safe to say the addiction has started 

IMG_20200115_132239_973.jpg

37601.jpeg

Couldn't of asked for a more prettier fish for the first one . Mine was a stocked Rainbow got me second place in my schools fishing derby .

4 hours ago, Garshark572 said:

Caught my first fish of 2020 and it was the first fish I ever caught on a fly that I tied.  Safe to say the addiction has started 

IMG_20200115_132239_973.jpg

37601.jpeg

Congrats on that little beauty. 

2 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

suave does this ring a bell with you ? It's a little salmon booklet that George had penned . 

P1160165.JPG

P1160166.JPG

P1160167.JPG

A week ago I would have said it didn't ring a bell but I learnt about it when I went on Internet to find out a bit more about Georges Maul before I posted more info about Georges on this thread. The whole text of this booklet is available on a Québec flyfishing-flytying site. 

On 1/16/2020 at 6:18 AM, Suave said:

A week ago I would have said it didn't ring a bell but I learnt about it when I went on Internet to find out a bit more about Georges Maul before I posted more info about Georges on this thread. The whole text of this booklet is available on a Québec flyfishing-flytying site. 

I had to laugh when I found this . I asked George if he had a copy written in English he said you rich Americans should know what your doing . He was a personable guy once the language barrier was breached .