2020 All Things Fly Fishing

Rate this topic

HillTop

As I start my freshwater/trout career I haven't come up with a method to mark flies so I can id them by weight. In the first photo, the 20"ers were all tied a little differently (2nd row from the bottom, L side of the x-ray), a quick x-ray shows me what it is what. I thought others might find it interesting.

IMG_8337.jpeg

133446396-original.jpeg

ASMFC - Destroying public resources and fisheries one stock at a time since 1942.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:09 PM, Drew C. said:

As I start my freshwater/trout career I haven't come up with a method to mark flies so I can id them by weight. In the first photo, the 20"ers were all tied a little differently (2nd row from the bottom, L side of the x-ray), a quick x-ray shows me what it is what. I thought others might find it interesting.

IMG_8337.jpeg

133446396-original.jpeg

thread wraps in various colors at the finish to differentiate weight works for me

Awesome! I've had some incredible times in Montana and Yellowstone chasing salmon fly eating trout. It was always hit or miss, but when I hit it right, it was just plane sick fishing. Keep sharing your pictures please! :th: