Shag

Fender flairs?

10 posts in this topic

Anyone add fender flairs to their truck. I bought some on flea bay, to hide a rust through hole in a rear well. Any hints on mounting them and paint to use around drilled holes. 

On 12/30/2019 at 1:54 PM, Shag said:

Anyone add fender flairs to their truck. I bought some on flea bay, to hide a rust through hole in a rear well. Any hints on mounting them and paint to use around drilled holes. 

Added them on the old ford. Used a dab of 4200 where I drilled metal for screws to keep the rust at bay. 
I’m not the guy to so about painting metal. I suck at it. I never blend the color correctly. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I added rubber flares to my 77 - F-250 to help mitigate the road splash caused by oversize tires. I found they did more harm than good trapping moisture between the flare and body. I did not install flares on subsequent trucks. I'm still driving my 02 - F-350 with zero visible body rust or rot

Edited by SC

6 hours ago, SC said:

I added rubber flares to my 77 - F-250 to help mitigate the road splash caused by oversize tires. I found they did more harm than good trapping moisture between the flare and body. I did not install flares on subsequent trucks. I'm still driving my 02 - F-350 with zero visible body rust or rot

Unicorn!!!!!  Can you put it in the BST?

On 1/17/2021 at 5:06 PM, Stryper Snyper said:

Unicorn!!!!!  Can you put it in the BST?

7.3???? You’ll take it to the grave.