Fishhead7

Eagles - Seahawks

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

51 mins ago, Finster said:

The last sentence says it a point of emphasis not a rule change.

Either way it’s ridiculous... How is diving forward supposed to be an indication of “giving oneself up?”

Are defenders supposed to stand around and wait to see what a runner is going to do before they dare to make a tackle?

As it is pulling out of a tackle on a feet first slide is hard enough.

It is unenforceable and a beyond stupid leap towards further pussifcation of the game.

As the article asks how much would Philly fans be crying today if Carson dove forward from the one yard line with 2 seconds left in the game into the endzone and wasn’t given a game winning TD?

The whole discussion is ****ing ridiculous.

Edited by Wigeon

2 hours ago, Finster said:

Can I assume that all you guys saying go feet first are unaware that the rule has changed and now even if a QB dives head first, he is considered to be "giving himself up" the same as if he slides. It's been called numerous times this year...

Cost the Eagles a TD earlier in the year because Wentz did it near the goal line...

except he wasnt giving himself up. he was already contacted(tackled) and going for more forward progress yardage.  the game where he was ruled down before the goalline was because he "gave himself up" sliding/diving.  theres a clear difference.

1 min ago, Wigeon said:

The last sentence says it a point of emphasis not a rule change.

Either way it’s ridiculous... How is diving forward supposed to be an indication of “giving oneself up?”

Are defenders supposed to stand around and wait to see what a runner is going to do before they dare to make a tackle?

It is unenforceable and a beyond stupid leap towards further pussifcation of the game.

As the article asks how much would Philly fans be crying today if Carson dove forward from the one yard line with 2 seconds left in the game into the endzone and wasn’t given a game winning TD?

The whole discussion is ****ing ridiculous.

I agree it's ridiculous. I've already said that. And I've also already said the 1 yard line scenario already happened to Wentz earlier this year. And at the time I said that's bull****... but the fact it happened earlier is how I knew about the precedent...

And the discusssion isnt ridiculous, if Tommy boy took that hit with no flag thrown, you guys would all be crying again about how goodell has it in for the Pats...

54 mins ago, Finster said:

I agree it's ridiculous. I've already said that. And I've also already said the 1 yard line scenario already happened to Wentz earlier this year. And at the time I said that's bull****... but the fact it happened earlier is how I knew about the precedent...

And the discusssion isnt ridiculous, if Tommy boy took that hit with no flag thrown, you guys would all be crying again about how goodell has it in for the Pats...

Brady is smarter, especially with clowney in the neighborhood. He would not have been hit. Same goes for Rodgers and some others. Most QBs donot think to step in front of cars either. Wentz had other plans

Edited by iphish

Wentz was falling/diving forward towards open field with his ankles wrapped up....  it wasn't like he took some stupid risk by lowering his shoulder into a defender.  Clowney came from behind and speared him in the back of the head while Wentz was fully prone 6" off the ground. 

Jadeveon will get some inconsequential fine that will do nothing to change the fact that the Seahawks are still playing meaningful football, and Wentz has to live with the stigma of exiting the season early for another year.   He was sat down by a physician after a cheap shot.  Bad luck.  

1 hour ago, Bob fishhead Sproul said:

Don't see spearing as often these days. Remember Andre Waters? 

Little guy. Remember him more as a guy that would go for the knees...

Somebody did that in the game Sunday.  A chop block should have been called but it wasnt.  Clear as day on the tv with the official standing right there

On 1/6/2020 at 0:14 PM, Wigeon said:

He didn’t give himself up... he made himself a runner and was diving for yardage.

Wentz was already going to the ground when Clowney  lead with his head in a downward position towards Wentz , hence striking him  in the head with his helmet.  Clowney did not even have his arms out in front of him to make the tackle .  IMO and a few others, it was a classic spearing .  It should have been a personal foul.