Thread of useless knowledge

Rate this topic

Sandflee

5 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

Otto Frederick Rohwedder invented the first automatic bread slicing machine. 

My sister bought me a bread slicer for Christmas. It's on back order. :( 

You should have seen me trying to slice two loaves of bread Christmas day with a 5 inch knife. Who doesn't have a freaking bread knife in their house? :squid: I knew I should have brought mine with me. lol

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

1 min ago, MikeMc said:

You should have seen me trying to slice two loaves of bread Christmas day with a 5 inch knife. Who doesn't have a freaking bread knife in their house? :squid: I knew I should have brought mine with me. lol

I feel your pain. The lady and I went out to Outback the other night and I was tasked with slicing the pumpernickel with that sorry excuse for a child safe steak knife. What steak house uses child safe steak knives?!?! :mad:If not for the honey butter I would have thrown the bread and knife across the bar. But post the bread slicer in action when that thing comes in! 

Tiger fur and skin are both striped.

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

1 hour ago, MikeMc said:

I make this bread all the time and you need a good knife to cut it. Most people don't have a good bread knife.

bread.jpg.aae09c210e225544faaecbe10f98e567.jpg

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free.

4 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

A woodpeckers tongue is almost as long as it's body and wraps around it's brain to act as a shock absorber.. 

I dated that girl....

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

4 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

Snapping turtles don't hibernate. If the water freezes over they just lay on the bottom and are able to absorb oxygen through their arsehole.   

like a coastie!!!

how lucky am i

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

2 hours ago, MikeMc said:

been there ....

how lucky am i

1 hour ago, GetDaGaff said:

I make this bread all the time and you need a good knife to cut it. Most people don't have a good bread knife.

bread.jpg.aae09c210e225544faaecbe10f98e567.jpg

oh damn ,recipe? 

please

how lucky am i