Chuck730ss

Scooby look at this

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Would order one myself but my throw away funds are depleted. Magnesium frame. Carbon rotor, handle ,side plate . Carbon drags . Aluminum pinion?? Really? More bearings than you can count. No mention of seals. No mention of main gear. (Chinesium you suppose?) Super light weight. 

 Anyway, if you could find a donor, please do a review. Enquiring minds want to know.

https://www.cadencefishing.com/product-category/reel/spinning-reels/cs10-spinning-reel/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the impression that. Magnesium and saltwater do not play well together. Magnesium can have severe galvanic corosion issues if exposed to a saltwater environment . I'm sure that responsible manufacturers will take steps to protect magnesium components but I'm still thinking magnesium reels are best in freshwater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 mins ago, valentine said:

I was under the impression that. Magnesium and saltwater do not play well together. Magnesium can have severe galvanic corosion issues if exposed to a saltwater environment . I'm sure that responsible manufacturers will take steps to protect magnesium components but I'm still thinking magnesium reels are best in freshwater.

Yes there is a even greater market of freshwater fishing out there. Quite a few top end reel use magnesium ( stella, steez, certate.... ). Yes, If corrosion started in a magesium reel, there is no stopping it.  You can only slow it down by cleaning and greasing the affected area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its a reel with a body made out of highly-corrosive material, plastic sideplate and handle, and weak aluminum gears.  Why the interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, Kima said:

So its a reel with a body made out of highly-corrosive material, plastic sideplate and handle, and weak aluminum gears.  Why the interest?

54 mins ago, hobobob said:

Yes there is a even greater market of freshwater fishing out there. Quite a few top end reel use magnesium ( stella, steez, certate.... ). Yes, If corrosion started in a magesium reel, there is no stopping it.  You can only slow it down by cleaning and greasing the affected area. 

I suppose that there will always be a market for inexpensive things which don’t have to last long.  How many people really want a reel which lasts for 50 years? I think we’ve become accustomed to disposable things and that’s where we’re likely to stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 mins ago, Kima said:

So its a reel with a body made out of highly-corrosive material, plastic sideplate and handle, and weak aluminum gears.  Why the interest?

You just described just about every single top tier freshwater reel in the market. The nerve of those reel companies using cheap components. right? 

 

8 mins ago, valentine said:

 

Inexpensive? Either you haven't check the price or you fishing budget have grown tremendously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 mins ago, hobobob said:

 

 

Inexpensive? Either you haven't check the price or you fishing budget have grown tremendously.

I was referring to the inexpensive spinner that the OP started this thread about, not high end freshwater reels.

An just what exactly is a fishing budget and how does one go about getting one? LOL

Edited by valentine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kima said:

So its a reel with a body made out of highly-corrosive material, plastic sideplate and handle, and weak aluminum gears.  Why the interest?

Because enquiring minds want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no point in reviewing this reel. it's just another rebranded chinesium. Just read the amazon product review and decide on your own.  In this age, finding diamond in the rough is extremely hard. Or else, the road would be pave with diamonds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.