Mr. Bigdeal

Suggestions Please..........

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

For trolling, I find you don't need anything special.  I have been using 7' Ugly Stik BWB1140's for the last many years for chunking and trolling and they have been perfect.  They're inexpensive, somewhat heavy but tough with a strong back bone for trolling heavy mojo's.  The last ones I bought were $70 for a pair.  These end up being my go to trolling/inexperienced guest rods.

I bought a Conley rod for  ,mojos last year ,slick butt, gimbel , as what I had Penn Atantic stick was too limp, It is fine but this year I am getting a Maja Mojo rod. For Bass I run a mojo on each side at the transom, and a rod on both sides with an out rodder in either a spoon of  stretch type plug

On 12/27/2019 at 10:49 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

In the market for 2 new trolling rods....for braid and Mojo's.....any suggestions, Thanks.

Its winter time.

Take a rod building class.  Build something (even your first go-around) better than anything you can find on the shelf. 

Get addicted, replace your quiver with bad azz stuff that you built.

i use 7' or 6'6" lamiglas triflex bottom fishing rods, they work for trolling all but the heaviest of mojos and double as bottom fishing rods