do random people talk to you?

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

22 mins ago, Wayne Tj said:

Nothing wrong with telling people politely that you prefer not talking, nothing personal, of course. 

I have said it more more than a few times on the train while commuting. 

Why am I not surprised by this. :laugh:

Nothing personal translated means I ****ing despise you.

Diversity makes us stronger!

37 mins ago, HopHead said:

Nothing personal translated means I ****ing despise you.

In absolute fairness, when I say ‘nothing personal’ it means I respect the person enough to clarify that my actions or words are not intended to be personal. Like the words mean, nothing more :)

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Just now, TimS said:

In absolute fairness, when I say ‘nothing personal’ it means I respect the person enough to clarify that my actions or words are not intended to be personal. Like the words mean, nothing more :)

but you agree that "with all due respect" means "I think you are an effing idiot".... right?

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

2 mins ago, TimS said:

Understood. I meant it more from the standpoint of a business partner tries to **** you and says it's strictly business, nothing personal......to which one properly responds by crushing their larynx.

Diversity makes us stronger!

3 hours ago, JMB said:

Agreed, in my job I get some very interesting people that makes for great conversation. On the other hand I get the life story tellers and I am trapped in a car with them saying under my breath,”You need to shut the **** up right now.” If I completely stop responding to them, they eventually stop.

This b the problem, some just don't understand the fact that you have just been gracious listening to endless prattle. DO THEY NOT SEE THE GLAZED LOOK IN MY EYE AFTER 10 MINUTES....****. On the other hand some people are just interesting. Why do the aholes not know they r aholes.

"Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios" Sam Stone / John Prine

I was fishing on the rocks next to a paved walk way. Some little kid runs up to look. His mother runs up to him and yells at him then beats the crap out of him for running away. He is shreaking. She casually asks me with a big smile on her face what I was fishing for. I was actually cringing.

24 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

but you agree that "with all due respect" means "I think you are an effing idiot".... right?

That one is a little more tricky :laugh: 

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

23 mins ago, HopHead said:

Understood. I meant it more from the standpoint of a business partner tries to **** you and says it's strictly business, nothing personal......to which one properly responds by crushing their larynx.

Yea, that’s a different story for sure :th: