flyangler

#3 Democrat Wants to Hang Trump - CNN host blinks

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Was it a metaphor or a slipping of the black-racist mask?

A black Democrat can talk about hanging a white President and CNN host does not challenge him on that. Can you imagine a white man, of any party, suggesting same about any black politician?

CNN Host Doesn't Object as Top Dem Shocks: ‘Give’ Trump a ‘Fair Trial and Hang Him’

Just imagine if this was said about a Democratic President, maybe Barack Obama or Bill Clinton: 

Talking to Congressman James Clyburn on Thursday, CNN New Day co-host John Berman had NO response when the Democrat said of a Senate impeachment trial for Donald Trump: “Let's give him a fair trial and hang him.” 

Here’s the context. Berman and Clyburn were discussing a possible delay in delivering the articles of impeachment. The Democrat called for the need to avoid a “kangaroo court” run by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell: 

JOHN BERMAN: Why the delay, Congressman?

CLYBURN: Well, the delay is made necessary because the majority leader of the Senate has made it very clear that he's not going to be impartial. He's not going to be fair. He will collude, if you please, with the White House, at least the White House's attorneys, to decide how he will go forward. Why would the speaker of the House step into that without trying to determine exactly what the majority leader plans to do?

So I applaud her for this. In fact, I was one of the ones arguing that this ought to be the case. And until we can get some assurances from the Majority Leader that he is going to allow for a fair and impartial trial to take place, we would be crazy to walk in there knowing he set up a kangaroo court.

BERMAN: How long are you willing to wait?

CLYBURN: As long as it takes. Even if he doesn't come around to committing to a fair trial, keep those articles here. So keep it as long as it takes. If you know and he's told you what he's going to do, let's give him a fair trial and hang him. It's the reverse of that.

NO objection from Berman. No asking for clarification over this shocking remark (or botched attempt at an analogy). Instead, the CNN host just moved on to obsessing about details of the trial: 

BERMAN: As long as it takes? Are you willing to hold the articles indefinitely if Mitch McConnell doesn't concede the points that you're asking him to? Are you suggesting it's possible you will never transmit the articles of impeachment?

CLYBURN: If it were me, yes, that's what I'm saying. I have no idea what the speaker will do. But if you have a preordained outcome that's negative to your actions, why walk into it? I'd much rather not take that chance.

Again, imagine if this were said about Obama.

5 hours ago, tomkaz said:

Was it a metaphor or a slipping of the black-racist mask?

A black Democrat can talk about hanging a white President and CNN host does not challenge him on that. Can you imagine a white man, of any party, suggesting same about any black politician?

CNN Host Doesn't Object as Top Dem Shocks: ‘Give’ Trump a ‘Fair Trial and Hang Him’

Just imagine if this was said about a Democratic President, maybe Barack Obama or Bill Clinton: 

Talking to Congressman James Clyburn on Thursday, CNN New Day co-host John Berman had NO response when the Democrat said of a Senate impeachment trial for Donald Trump: “Let's give him a fair trial and hang him.” 

Here’s the context. Berman and Clyburn were discussing a possible delay in delivering the articles of impeachment. The Democrat called for the need to avoid a “kangaroo court” run by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell: 

JOHN BERMAN: Why the delay, Congressman?

CLYBURN: Well, the delay is made necessary because the majority leader of the Senate has made it very clear that he's not going to be impartial. He's not going to be fair. He will collude, if you please, with the White House, at least the White House's attorneys, to decide how he will go forward. Why would the speaker of the House step into that without trying to determine exactly what the majority leader plans to do?

So I applaud her for this. In fact, I was one of the ones arguing that this ought to be the case. And until we can get some assurances from the Majority Leader that he is going to allow for a fair and impartial trial to take place, we would be crazy to walk in there knowing he set up a kangaroo court.

BERMAN: How long are you willing to wait?

CLYBURN: As long as it takes. Even if he doesn't come around to committing to a fair trial, keep those articles here. So keep it as long as it takes. If you know and he's told you what he's going to do, let's give him a fair trial and hang him. It's the reverse of that.

NO objection from Berman. No asking for clarification over this shocking remark (or botched attempt at an analogy). Instead, the CNN host just moved on to obsessing about details of the trial: 

BERMAN: As long as it takes? Are you willing to hold the articles indefinitely if Mitch McConnell doesn't concede the points that you're asking him to? Are you suggesting it's possible you will never transmit the articles of impeachment?

CLYBURN: If it were me, yes, that's what I'm saying. I have no idea what the speaker will do. But if you have a preordained outcome that's negative to your actions, why walk into it? I'd much rather not take that chance.

Again, imagine if this were said about Obama.

So, are you offended? Or just think it's hypocritical?

3 hours ago, Finster said:

So, are you offended? Or just think it's hypocritical?

Two thoughts.

First, taking just the context, between "fair trial" and "hang him" are not other actions. No mention of evidence weighing, debate, contemplation, nada. As it is articulated, it sounds like the hanging is a foregone conclusion and the "fair trial" is simply a formality.

Second, we live in a time where a Republican candidate ways excoriated for using the term "target" when referring to political rivals. The Media, including CNN, tried to blame Palin for inciting violence with that phraseology. Since then, the Media mostly calls out the right foe the use of such double-meaning words and yet the Left is allowed to use such and worse without question. 

I won’t even complain about that fact that a black Democrat is talking about lynching a white President because that is an accepted standard these days. 

Edited by tomkaz

22 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Two thoughts.

First, taking just the context, between "fair trial" and "hang him" are not other actions. No mention of evidence weighing, debate, contemplation, nada. As it is articulated, it sounds like the hanging is a foregone conclusion and the "fair trial" is simply a formality.

Second, we live in a time where a Republican candidate ways excoriated for using the term "target" when referring to political rivals. The Media, including CNN, tried to blame Palin for inciting violence with that phraseology. Since then, the Media mostly calls out the right foe the use of such double-meaning words and yet the Left is allowed to use such and worse without question. 

I won’t even complain about that fact that a black Democrat is talking about lunching a white President because that is an accepted standard these days. 

Ok. Hypocritical then...

Thanks. Agreed :th:

I think I said the same thing about seditious Democrats the other day.

No big deal.

But, if it was Obama getting talked about getting hanged, the outrage would be epic.

This type of speech is a daily occurrence at our schools of higher learning, so why are we surprised at the utter hypocrisy of the group speak of the hive mind.

We have regressed to the dark ages where expressions of intolerance and hate have become the lingua Franca of a cross section of society, yet few call them on it. It is inquisitorial and accusatory in nature, and as someone here mentioned the other day, would not be out of place in the Salem witch times.

A perfect example why the Framers opted for a Constitutional Republic over a Democracy, they had seen the rabid nature of the mobs in Paris in the lead up to the French Revolution, how easily swayed and inflamed they could become.

Twitter permanently suspended a GOP challenger to Omar for saying the same thing about her.

Maybe CNN will ban Clyburn from appearing on their channel?

Edited by jkrock

4 mins ago, saltydawg said:

I think that he was generally expressing the sentiment of most  Democrats

Hate and intolerance are not sentiments, they are acid eating away at your collective psyche, and it is showing.

2 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

Hate and intolerance are not sentiments, they are acid eating away at your collective psyche, and it is showing.

Hey, I am not a proponent of hanging him.

I am for the firing squad.