EricJ

Who else is done working for the year?

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

I typically take the last 10 days of the year off just to recharge mentally. The travel this year has been insane again. My last trip of the year this week was supposed to get me home last night. Instead, with the weather delays I walked through the door at 5:30am.  Looking forward to some down time, holidays with family, some good food and drinks. Hopefully some fishing too.

Anyone else going to take some extended time off?

One more shift tomorrow.....then off till next year. :beers:

Will be nice to slow down for a few days. Been going full out for a while now. From before sun up till after sun down then the kids activities/work after school.  Normal house **** and Christmas nonsense. 

I know I know poor me. 

I'm living the dream 

Our company does a shutdown the week of Christmas (which is paid). I volunteered to cover one day (Monday) which gives me a flex day and am using that for the the following Monday, and will take Tuesday off, so back on 1/2. 
I get 8 weeks off a year and intend to take every single second of it this year. Past years I’ve been an idiot and left lots of time on the table. 

Edited by PlumFishing

2 mins ago, PlumFishing said:

Our company does a shutdown the week of Christmas. I volunteered to cover one day (Monday) which gives me a flex day and am using that for the the following Monday, and will take Tuesday off. 
I get 8 weeks off a year and intend to take every single second of it this year. Past years I’ve been an idiot and left lots of time on the table. 

Enjoy your time off 

8 mins ago, EricJ said:

Enjoy your time off 

Thank you, Eric. 
You do the same and enjoy whatever holiday you celebrate.  
I hate the cold, but love the season. 

Banged out 25 hours in the past two days, will do it again Sunday/Monday and the following Sunday/Monday.  I’m glad to be busy now that I’m self employed and will take some more time off in the spring and summer.