Chris long

My new Stella 5000 Sw B HG

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I finally have gotten my Stella I’ve wanted for so long!  Wanted to get some opinions from all as to what rod they would match it to?  

so I will be using it now mostly for Inshore fishing for Flounder, Blues, Weakies, Stripers, and blackfish. Thinking of putting 15lb power pro, maybe 20 at most and will be fishing mostly in north jersey. Was gonna get next size down Stella but wanted it to be a little more versatile and be able to use it for Inshore and offshore 

Pelagic fish as well. Thanks for everyone’s help!! I really Do appreciate it.  Happy Holidays to all!!! Hope Santa’s good to ya’s!! 

Tight lines to all! 

Nice score on the SWB....I can't for the life of me figure out how the SWC is anything but a cost saving redesign...

If you're asking...I'm not sure how ideal it is for everything you mention though

Not sure what kind of pelagics you plan on tangling with...but other than pot dwellers I don't think you'll have enough ammo in the mag with a 5k.

And that's a crap ton of reel for fluke and albies.

For bass and blues...9'6 to 10'6 tiralejo would be a nice fit....

29 mins ago, Chris long said:

Also guys how you recommend I string that thing up. I prefer Braid with a 8-10 yard top shot. I was thinking 15lb Power Pro with 15 lb top shot. What ya’s think?  

5k id bump to 20 maybe even 30-40 

Edited by kombi_rs

6 hours ago, Chris long said:

Sorry that last post about what model Stella for flounder was directed to all 3 of ya. My bad! Thanks guys

I’m not part of the three pac above, but FWIW...

I fish the Stella FJ C5000 loaded with ~265yd 20# 832, I then run a 36” - 40” Fluor leader of either 20# or 30# depending on what the game of the day is.... It has the same body size as the 4000 just equipped with a deeper spool for better line capacity and a (I feel) better round aluminum handle knob. This is my do all “light saltwater” reel and has performed flawlessly the past two years!

i have a boat based 5000 on tzs66m.

spooled with 20# pp with what starts out as about a 6’ 20# fluoro leader (i tie direct so it gets snipped off anytime i swap lures... at about 4’ i’ll tie on a new one).

i use this set up for in shore schoolie stripers,  non gator blues, weaks, fluke, albies, sp macs, etc... “light”.  offshore it does come out for mahi pitching, known to be small tunas (15-20# yellows or bft) after we have what we want in the boat :bigeyes:

like mentioned above - its fun - but a bit light for most anything offshore.

land based 5000 is on a black hole suzuki.  to me, a very good match - just a little long for me for the boat.  but, if it doesn’t bother you (?)

I’ve read and taken in all feedback from everyone. I can’t thank you all enough!! I’m new to this forum but so glad I found it cause everyone has been nothing but helpful all the time!! So again I thank you all for your respected opinions and look forward to the future!!  Merry Christmas to all!!!!! Thanks