"Trump Should Be Removed from Office" - Christianity Today

Rate this topic

MaxKatt

Just now, Slacker said:

There is no "Evangelical block".  There is no centralized leadership. 

But Evangelical Christians do have consistent voting patterns.  The tend to vote for socially conservative candidates (pro-life).  They tend to be in more rural locations and are more interested in lower taxes that in social services.  They tend to be against gun control.  They are going to vote for the candidate that brings that to the table.  I just watched Dem debate and none of them fit that bill.

the atheists need to believe that evangelicals are a non-thinking block of automatons. the progressives expect homogeneous thinking among their minions and have to expand that onto other "blocks", often erroneously. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

God gave us His son, Jesus Christ, who died for the sins of the world. Man could not keep the laws of God, man mailed, time and time again. While I understand the text, what these evangelical folks are looking for is Mr Perfect. 

Many Christians pray for the gov't and the President and change :howdy: 

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

For those who truly follow Christianity, ie do not accept the abominations of today in order to be edgy or popular, the choice of Trump over Hillary was an easy one. This guy who has conservative tendencies and is a business man (might have that magic wand the Kenyan couldn’t find) or a member of the church of satan :shrug: Seems like an easy one there. 

Today, I don’t think any dem candidates speak to those who voted Trump in because he was better than Hillary. He’s still better than anyone they got. 

This was a neat comparison of Trump and hillary that was done just before the election and I think it covers the sentiment of those who chose him to protect their religious values. 

9 hours ago, MaxKatt said:

It's huge.  He can't do 2020 without evenagelics.  On this alone, impeachment was worth it even if it moves not a step further.

So, impeachmenet was about changing election results?  Nice.  When this comes back at you in 6-8 years, remember this little quote and be sure not to whine and complain.  Payback will be a serious bitch.  

8 hours ago, MaxKatt said:

The Russians will ensure his deplorables turn out, but they can't manufacure more of them.  It's math.

Oh man.  That was a joke, right?

... I jsut thought on that some more.  If you are honestly saying that impeachment was worth it if it will have an impact on an upcoming election, then the impeachment was both 1) purely partisan 2) for the wrong reasons.  

Thats not OK.  Hopefully you recognize that.  

I'll close with a thought.  If youa re doing something wrong to someone, you have no authority to request that the inevitable retribution is commensurate with what you did to provoke it.  None.  

3 hours ago, jimmy z said:

God gave us His son, Jesus Christ, who died for the sins of the world. Man could not keep the laws of God, man mailed, time and time again. While I understand the text, what these evangelical folks are looking for is Mr Perfect. 

Many Christians pray for the gov't and the President and change :howdy: 

Jimmy Z spot on:) that makes two of us:) we pray for our President at church at times its a struggle, like now.

43 mins ago, 55555s said:

... I jsut thought on that some more.  If you are honestly saying that impeachment was worth it if it will have an impact on an upcoming election, then the impeachment was both 1) purely partisan 2) for the wrong reasons.  

Thats not OK.  Hopefully you recognize that.  

I'll close with a thought.  If youa re doing something wrong to someone, you have no authority to request that the inevitable retribution is commensurate with what you did to provoke it.  None.  

Just let them talk enough, and their true motivations just come pouring out. They can't help it. Like a bank robber posting his stolen loot on social media, doing the deed is not good enough unless folks know you did it. They always have to show everyone how smart they are.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

So, now the Libs like Stoney and Max are listening to Christians?  CNN has it all over the news now. 

Funny too how they “feel” Christians vote blindly as a block, just like the Black and Hispanic Community do. 

Note to Libs:  don’t take the Christian vote for granted just yet, like you fo the Black and Hispanic vote. 

12 hours ago, MaxKatt said:

But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

And this outright lie continues...........

Once I saw that, the rest is not worth my time reading...........

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

It is funny,  MaxKatt and Stonesipher, etc. are ignorant of Christianity but are quick to jump on any horse they think works.  In Catholicism,  and all of Christianity, you have a small percentage of "liberals".  In Catholicism, the Maryknolls and other groups come to mind who are very left.  This Pope, because of some of his positions, was hailed by the lefties as some sort of hero.  He was going to pay for abortions and have gay orgies in the Vatican.  Please.

Because of liberalism, many of the old Protestant denominations, such as the Anglicans, are in schism and destroying themselves.  Now, I don't know much about Christianity Today but I would guess they speak for a small "liberal" block of Christians. NBD.  I would guess if you check their previous editorials, you will find them of the left.

Big "who cares" except for you mindless liberals.

Or, it could be they would like to see Trump gone so they would get Pence.  Who would be more socially conservative than Trump.  Hmmmmmm.  This just crossed my mind.

Liberalism is Leprosy

Edited by Knight771

10 hours ago, Santiago II said:

You're right. He can't.

And you also know nothing about Evangelicals if you think this editorial speaks for them.

Most would never accept the premise of the author, let alone his conclusions

-

Thank you!

One article by this guy and now Drumpf has lost the Evangelical support! - :laugh:

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." 

12 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Finally there is a crack in this good Christian Trump fantasy. 

Revel in your delusions, Christians aren't voting for any commies.

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom