Daylight

How to stop the ocean raping.

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

It is time to issue fishing medallions for boats, commercial and private.

Just like it is done with NYC Taxis.

You want to harvest the ocean?

Limited number of medallions issued each year.

Violate the fishing limits and regs , bye bye medallion.

Pay for the privilege.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, Daylight said:

It is time to issue fishing medallions for boats, commercial and private.

Just like it is done with NYC Taxis.

You want to harvest the ocean?

Limited number of medallions issued each year.

Violate the fishing limits and regs , bye bye medallion.

Pay for the privilege.

Its already de facto for most commercial boats that are in limited entry fisheries, which is most of the fisheries on the east coast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, is it ok, or even legal, for anybody get a 4x4 and rack full of guns, drive to your nearest wooded area, any time of year; and just start shooting anything that moves?

 

That is ok because you own a 4x4 and a few guns?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 mins ago, pakalolo said:

We have a God given tight to fish our own waters. Responsible harvest is paramount but it’s our right. 

...until there are none left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does there need to be medallions, registries, licenses, or anything else to enforce regs?

 

Get caught breaking the regs, and they layeth the smacketh downeth, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daylight said:

Seriously, is it ok, or even legal, for anybody get a 4x4 and rack full of guns, drive to your nearest wooded area, any time of year; and just start shooting anything that moves?

 

That is ok because you own a 4x4 and a few guns?

 

 

 

giphy (13).gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Why does there need to be medallions, registries, licenses, or anything else to enforce regs?

 

Get caught breaking the regs, and they layeth the smacketh downeth, no?

Because any yahoo can get a rowboat and outboard and just go do as he pleases.

 

I know plenty of hunters. Never did it myself. But I know they have to jump through hoops to enjoy hunting. Tags, permissions, etc.
 

Why should hunting on the water, which is what fishing is, be any different?

 

Yearly license, medallion is the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Daylight said:

Because any yahoo can get a rowboat and outboard and just go do as he pleases.

 

I know plenty of hunters. Never did it myself. But I know they have to jump through hoops to enjoy hunting. Tags, permissions, etc.
 

Why should hunting on the water, which is what fishing is, be any different?

 

Yearly license, medallion is the way to go.

 

You have a proposed medallion, and I do not.

 

We each go out and illegally harvest 20 small striped bass.

 

They catch both of us, beat both of us, fine us each 20K, and stick both of us in jail for 6 months.

 

What difference was made because you had a medallion and I did not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.