Wizumz

What Are You Using?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Curious as to what people on this thread are using for their photo/video rig?

I'm getting out of my current setup (Nikon d500, 35mm f/1.8, and 300mm f/4 PF [amazing lens but overkill for my needs]), as its burning a hole in my pocket and I want better video capability. 

I'm looking into the below setups as a future replacement:

- Sony a6500 with a Tamron wide and a Tamron 150-600mm 

- Nikon z6 (will have to wait longer for used prices to drop) with a nice 70-200mm and a cheap nifty-50 or wider

Edited by Wizumz

Started with Sony a6000, addiction quickly set in moved up to a7riii. Got sony 100-400, 16-35 & 90mm. About 3 yrs in. Trying to get my skills and knowledge up to level of equipment. I find myself in awe of lots of shots that came off far less expensive gear. 

5 mins ago, sunobskt said:

Started with Sony a6000, addiction quickly set in moved up to a7riii. Got sony 100-400, 16-35 & 90mm. About 3 yrs in. Trying to get my skills and knowledge up to level of equipment. I find myself in awe of lots of shots that came off far less expensive gear. 

That’s a fairly common epiphany. One I’ve picked up on too. 

Edited by Wizumz

Started With a Minolta film camera, then various Sony Cybershots, then  a Sony NEX 5N, then a6000, then a6400 , various Sony and Sigma lenses from Sony 16mm pancake to Sigma 150-600 . Still learning  after many, many years.  Still enjoying it. 

Canon D70.  24 mm, 50 mm, 18-135 mm and 70-300 mm.  Would like a 150-600 mm but simply don't have the commitment to drop that amount of dough.

Nikon D800 and a bunch of Nikkor lenses from 16mm to 70-400 zoom.Just gave away my D80 to my niece[13yrs old] to learn in a after class at school.Keep 2 old N80s for film use.

Canon 7D, Canon 10-18 IS, Canon 24-105 L IS and Tamaron 150-600. Pretty much cover all my needs just need my abilities to rise to their capabilities.

leica v-lux 4  one lens 25mm through 600mm. 2.8 across all. In a compact bridge camera. lens is great, video ls good, too many features to list.

I used to have  a Nikon D5100 with two kit lenses, until I dropped it with the zoom lens installed. I currently have a Nikon D7500 that came with two kit lenses (18-55mm and 70-300mm) that I rarely use anymore. I bought a 18-300mm zoom that I usually leave on the camera. It is a little heavier than the kit zoom. but I am a big guy, so I don't even notice. Other lenses include

Nikkor 200-500 f.5.6 my go-to for bird and wildlife photos most of the time.

Nikkor 35mm f1.8 DX great for portraits (best bokeh for a DX lens)

Nikkor 40mm f2.8 macro DX

Nikkor 10.5mm Fisheye DX  nice novelty lens