dannyplug1

KI TECH SOFT PLASTICS

Rate this topic

114 posts in this topic

Lately I have been watching the comanche surf fishing videos.  interesting stuff.  in the one of the videos they talk about fishing kitech soft plastics.  I would b3e interested in seeing what they are.  I have know Idea how to spell or what they look like.  any one out there have know any thing about the kitech plastics that the commanche guys recommend. ?  Boy am I a sucker for a new lure.

Google "Keitech"-  I  have knockoffs of the Keitech fat impacts on weighed hooks for weedy and/or back bays applications. I believe they are available from 3-8 inches in size. 

I’ll be honest and you’ll be much better off with Zman or something like that. The durability on the Keitechs I used this year was ass. Action was good but three schoolies wrecked the thing.

53 mins ago, ASrod said:

I’ll be honest and you’ll be much better off with Zman or something like that. The durability on the Keitechs I used this year was ass. Action was good but three schoolies wrecked the thing.

Kietechs are like senkos.  Out of the box they out produce others for whatever reason.  

Procure squid scent is a ringer for keitech's. And will bring catch rates back in line with the real McCoy.. Did some side by side testing lol. 

They also came out with a more durable sw version.. Though not sure if they catch the same 

Leaving a pack of zmans in the car one afternoon is all it takes to wreck a bag.  Which is why I haven't bought any of their products in the last two years.  What good is durability if they melt or deform 

1 hour ago, dannyplug1 said:

Lately I have been watching the comanche surf fishing videos.  interesting stuff.  in the one of the videos they talk about fishing kitech soft plastics.  I would b3e interested in seeing what they are.  I have know Idea how to spell or what they look like.  any one out there have know any thing about the kitech plastics that the commanche guys recommend. ?  Boy am I a sucker for a new lure.

Keitechs are the senko of the paddle tail genre.. Been the gold standard for quite a few years... Tons of copies but I've seen first hand enough times to know... In terms of out of the package fish catching paddle tails... Keitechs are da bomb.. 

That said I've do whatever I can to avoid using them.  Same thing with senkos... 

5 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Kietechs are like senkos.  Out of the box they out produce others for whatever reason.  

Procure squid scent is a ringer for keitech's. And will bring catch rates back in line with the real McCoy.. Did some side by side testing lol. 

They also came out with a more durable sw version.. Though not sure if they catch the same 

Leaving a pack of zmans in the car one afternoon is all it takes to wreck a bag.  Which is why I haven't bought any of their products in the last two years.  What good is durability if they melt or deform 

Did you keep them in the original package? If you don't let them melt they last a crazy long time, 30 fish per plastic is worth the hassle for me, at least for the one that looks like a super fluke. I like keitechs way more than the z man paddle tail.

Edited by nateD

My goto soft plastic is z-man paddletails when boofish are in town. One body can last me a whole weekend if it's not bitten off.   That being said, they are still no match for small blow fish.  Z-man is super buoyant, not a good candidate for t-rig where the hook point is bury under the plastic. In fact, not good for any rigging besides on a jighead.

1 hour ago, ASrod said:

3 schoolies can wreck every plastic besides Zman

16 mins ago, nateD said:

3 schoolies can wreck every plastic besides Zman

His schoolie are gargantuan, with sharp teeths. They also wreck a 125lb lure clip in one head shake.

I think they are fantastic plastics. I love them myself cuz I prefer a larger profile than what is available around me. I don’t think they are worth the money though. 1-2 fish and you’re looking to use a new one for the most part. At the end of the day it’s just a soft plastic. They all do the same thing. Save your money. 

58 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

I’m not saying they don’t produce. The tail action on them is great. But $8 for 4 of them that was not last a trip if the bite is decent was what turned me away.

As for zmans melting I’ve always brought my gear inside after every trip so never had anything like that happen.

Edited by ASrod

58 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

Keitechs are the senko of the paddle tail genre.. Been the gold standard for quite a few years... Tons of copies but I've seen first hand enough times to know... In terms of out of the package fish catching paddle tails... Keitechs are da bomb.. 

That said I've do whatever I can to avoid using them.  Same thing with senkos... 

There's no question they have great action and can catch. I bought a bunch this past spring to use as swim jig trailers and found them to be too soft. Constantly adjusting/ replacing them. My go to spots are crazy weedy and they're just not worth the trouble. For where I fish there are better options. .02

Keitechs are great but expensive, and don’t hold up well. I do like them in FW. I have found the BPS Speed Shad are just as good as the Keitech, and are a lot cheaper. I love the 4.8 size in Sight Fish, on a 3/4 oz Tinman Tackle jig head.