wiretap

Interchangeable Rod Pistol Grip Rod Handle

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Im not sure what style of rods these are. The smaller ones fit in a pistol grip handle, but the larger "honey" doesn't, just a few MM too large.
What is the name of these rod styles? All the information I have found about pistol grip rods they are all built and 1 piece, not interchangeable... (I have googled every term in every order I can think of.)

I can take photos of the entire rods, but there aren't any markings on them. I really want to find a modern handle to find the larger one, so I can wrap it up.
The rods are only 4'-5' in length. 

If there are other styles of handles that allow you pop in and tighten different rods, PLEASE let me know. I haven't been able to find an image of one of these yet.

20191219_084918.jpg

Edited by wiretap

The rods all fit into this handle except the "honey" colored one. I have verified that it is slightly off in hue, so it is not a honey... unless they vary in color which I doubt.

I've gotten a lot of information on this handle but if you can somehow find the actual manufacturer, maybe they are still around and I can get a bigger one for the other rod... LOL

TIA TIA TIA TIA 

old handle minicast 2.jpg

Old handle on minicast.jpg

wiretap-

I just "inherited" a box of vintage components including ferruls like the ones in the pic.  If youd like to post the sizes (ID, OD in mm's) I would be happy to see if I have a match.  This may allow you to build a handle section for the appropriate size. Merry Christmas!

5 hours ago, tbush said:

wiretap-

I just "inherited" a box of vintage components including ferruls like the ones in the pic.  If youd like to post the sizes (ID, OD in mm's) I would be happy to see if I have a match.  This may allow you to build a handle section for the appropriate size. Merry Christmas!

Now, I'm not an idiot, but I THINK I got the right dimensions for you. 

I measured all 4 but 3 were identical. The tip (smaller side of the ferrules) are 7.9375mm and the wider parts are 9.525mm.

The larger one is 11.1125mm on the small end, and the larger end is 14.2875mm. 

Now, I don't have a MM measuring tape so I thoroughly eyeballed it with a standard and converted the ratio. I wish I had a digital caliper.