Rockfishman19

Margate beach

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Fish north often don’t hug coast  if heading south. They normally pass over sea isle lump. Only if peanuts that stay near shore. There are local fish near inlets and in back. Look for dock lights and deep sod banks

3 hours ago, Rockfishman19 said:

Oh really?

Yes, he is correct - there’s only one way to find out for sure. 99% of the people that would post online and tell someone where they are catching fish couldn’t catch a fish with a gill net. The only way to find out if there are fish is to go fishing. The people that know how to catch fish aren’t gonna tell you where. I guess there is a slim chance someone that doesn’t know enough to not post where they are catching fish online got lucky and stumbled into one...but that’s always gonna be a long shot :)

Assuming you like to fish, why wouldn’t you just go fishing to see if there are any fish? 

TimS

2 mins ago, TimS said:

Yes, he is correct - there’s only one way to find out for sure. 99% of the people that would post online and tell someone where they are catching fish couldn’t catch a fish with a gill net. The only way to find out if there are fish is to go fishing. The people that know how to catch fish aren’t gonna tell you where. I guess there is a slim chance someone that doesn’t know enough to not post where they are catching fish online got lucky and stumbled into one...but that’s always gonna be a long shot :)

Assuming you like to fish, why wouldn’t you just go fishing to see if there are any fish? 

TimS

I’ve been fishing the surf for 40 yrs. I’m 2 hrs away now and just simply inquiring. I know where to fish. I never ask for location or give location just simply asking. Enjoy your holiday. 

6 hours ago, Rockfishman19 said:

I’ve been fishing the surf for 40 yrs. I’m 2 hrs away now and just simply inquiring. I know where to fish. I never ask for location or give location just simply asking. Enjoy your holiday. 

Was with wife in O City today. Call or stop in Fin Atics around 10th street. Talked to guy for half hour today. Real good intelligent and informative conversation. 

to me out front looks done. Usually local fish are splashing in back just inside inlets after dark

10 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

Was with wife in O City today. Call or stop in Fin Atics around 10th street. Talked to guy for half hour today. Real good intelligent and informative conversation. 

to me out front looks done. Usually local fish are splashing in back just inside inlets after dark

Thank you. I know the guys at Finatics. I’m trying to squeeze some fishing in. Busy time and I’m a distance away. 

I live in OCNJ and fish the beach a few times a week. There has been nothing out front in the last two weeks. I don't fish bait, only plug. Today was my last day till the spring. Not a tap today. No bait in the water either. Resident fish are always out back off the sod banks. Beach replenishment just started on 59th st and headed north. Good luck