zybathegeek

McConnells speech to the Senate floor

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

1 min ago, zybathegeek said:

Take the time to look it up and watch.

 

A sobering appeal to overcome the slobbering Democrat calumny.

Wasted energy.

If they haven't settled down in 3 years, a speech from the turtle ain't gonna do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McConnell has the Constitution, Framer intentions, Legislative history and precedence, as well as moral and ethical behavior to back his words, Schumer has feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zybathegeek said:

McConnell has the Constitution, Framer intentions, Legislative history and precedence, as well as moral and ethical behavior to back his words, Schumer has feelings.

Doesn't matter.

Might as well talk to a rock.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, dena said:

Wasted energy.

If they haven't settled down in 3 years, a speech from the turtle ain't gonna do it.

You are discounting one compelling fact, McConnell has the numbers and is going to use them to spike the Democrats popgun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zybathegeek said:

You are discounting one compelling fact, McConnell has the numbers and is going to use them to spike the Democrats popgun.

Still won't matter.

We are dealing with deranged people here, not some rational, sentient, beings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, dena said:

Still won't matter.

We are dealing with deranged people here, not some rational, sentient, beings.

I'm ever the optimist, I also believe he who has the biggest stick beats best. :point:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zybathegeek said:

I'm ever the optimist, I also believe he who has the biggest stick beats best. :point:

Beating a stick against Democrats only serves to tire your arm, and break the stick. 

Democrats remain unphased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, dena said:

Still won't matter.

We are dealing with deranged people here, not some rational, sentient, beings.

Worth highlighting the term.  Mob rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a big McConnell fan, but he made some very good points in his speech.  The most important being that this attempt to remove Trump from office has been planned since the day he was sworn in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

You are discounting one compelling fact, McConnell has the numbers and is going to use them to spike the Democrats popgun.

He does, but It's not as if he doesn't have his own political judgements to make. Ex: the two most prominent Rep Senators-mitch and Lindsey-opened their yaps and said they wouldn't be impartial re a trial, and the Sens have to take an oath to act impartially when the trial starts. That opened the door for Pelosi to legitimately argue for the procedures she wants in a trial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, MikeM58 said:

I'm not a big McConnell fan, but he made some very good points in his speech.  The most important being that this attempt to remove Trump from office has been planned since the day he was sworn in.

Actually it started well before then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.