zybathegeek

McConnells speech to the Senate floor

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

1 min ago, zybathegeek said:

Take the time to look it up and watch.

A sobering appeal to overcome the slobbering Democrat calumny.

Wasted energy.

If they haven't settled down in 3 years, a speech from the turtle ain't gonna do it.

McConnell has the Constitution, Framer intentions, Legislative history and precedence, as well as moral and ethical behavior to back his words, Schumer has feelings.

Just now, zybathegeek said:

McConnell has the Constitution, Framer intentions, Legislative history and precedence, as well as moral and ethical behavior to back his words, Schumer has feelings.

Doesn't matter.

Might as well talk to a rock.

4 mins ago, dena said:

Wasted energy.

If they haven't settled down in 3 years, a speech from the turtle ain't gonna do it.

You are discounting one compelling fact, McConnell has the numbers and is going to use them to spike the Democrats popgun.

You are discounting one compelling fact, McConnell has the numbers and is going to use them to spike the Democrats popgun.

Still won't matter.

We are dealing with deranged people here, not some rational, sentient, beings.

5 mins ago, dena said:

Still won't matter.

I'm ever the optimist, I also believe he who has the biggest stick beats best. :point:

I'm ever the optimist, I also believe he who has the biggest stick beats best. :point:

Beating a stick against Democrats only serves to tire your arm, and break the stick. 

Democrats remain unphased.

13 mins ago, dena said:

Still won't matter.

Worth highlighting the term.  Mob rule.

I'm not a big McConnell fan, but he made some very good points in his speech.  The most important being that this attempt to remove Trump from office has been planned since the day he was sworn in.

5 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

He does, but It's not as if he doesn't have his own political judgements to make. Ex: the two most prominent Rep Senators-mitch and Lindsey-opened their yaps and said they wouldn't be impartial re a trial, and the Sens have to take an oath to act impartially when the trial starts. That opened the door for Pelosi to legitimately argue for the procedures she wants in a trial. 

1 min ago, MikeM58 said:

I'm not a big McConnell fan, but he made some very good points in his speech.  The most important being that this attempt to remove Trump from office has been planned since the day he was sworn in.

Actually it started well before then.