zak-striper

Congrats, Trump finally won a popular vote.

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Are the PG regulars happy that Trump finally got a popular vote?

Btw, spot on quote by Schiff - "Madam Speaker, I think when the history of this time is written, it will record that when my colleagues found they lacked the courage to stand up to this unethical president, they consoled themselves by attacking those who did.”

So is this what the Republican party has become? Party above all else? Party above their sworn duty to uphold and protect the constitution? It truly is a sad day for the country.

24 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Btw, spot on quote by Schiff - "Madam Speaker, I think when the history of this time is written, it will record that when my colleagues found they lacked the courage to stand up to this unethical president, they consoled themselves by attacking those who did.”

So is this what the Republican party has become? Party above all else? Party above their sworn duty to uphold and protect the constitution? It truly is a sad day for the country.

-

-

Still your POTUS for another 5 years.

4 hours ago, zak-striper said:

Every republican made the argument that the Dem motive was hatred and political gain, not true belief in the idea that Trump had committed impeachable offenses and I, for one, agree. The dems hate the president and his supporters and they’re not afraid to show it.  That’s the sad (read pathetic) part. This whole process was a shameful movement by the Dems, supported by their equally and shamelessly hate-filled followers. You know perfectly well what this is, but as a drone you lack the ability to admit it.

And while I disagree with the vote, I’ve accepted it. I’d also like to point out there have been no riots, no people wailing at the sky, etc. 

Edited by Seadogg

4 hours ago, zak-striper said:

And on Thursday, the House Democrats will vote to pass the USMCA trade deal that Trump negotiated over a year ago. They will give Trump closure on one of his campaign promises, a replacement for NAFTA. 

And, in 6 to 9 months when the impact of that deal is producing jobs and boosting US GDP by 0.5-0.75%, Trump will be asking for re-election based on his economic performance.

And millions of people will say "I may not like the man, but I like what he’s done for our economy, jobs, income and border security". 

And the will vote for him helping him become the first US president to be impeached and re-elected.

And PGers will revisit these threads to ask "And how did that turn out for you?" 

3 hours ago, Seadogg said:

^^^^ This. 

Mature citizens don’t throw hissy fits. They do not cry, do not don pvssy hats and Vaggie costumes, go out to howl at the Moon, do not block traffic and demand a do over. 

Mature citizens Accept what was done, not because it should have been done but understand that it could be done, for the wrong reasons.

Mature citizens sit back and wait to demonstrate their protests on Election Day. They volunteer. They give money. They lie to pollsters. They help get out the vote. And the vote, with pride, knowing that that is the only valid form of Mature protest. 

Edited by tomkaz

The Republicans were the ones voting for party above all else ?

Hmmmmmm.... the votes in favor were strictly along party lines. The bipartisan votes were those that were against. 

Facts......they can be so irritating.

2 hours ago, jimmy z said:

Schiff is a liar, deceiver and a four flusher. Ya believe that quote? lol:howdy:

He won't believe that quote. He only believes lies, like most of the morons.:eek::eek:

6 mins ago, Flybyme said:

We have survived 243 years without impeaching a President for pure political cause till yesterday. Congrats.

I submit that the Clinton impeachment was purely political.

2 hours ago, tomkaz said:

^^^^ This. 

Mature citizens don’t throw hissy fits. They do not cry, do not don pvssy hats and CAGV costumes, go out to howl at the Moon, do not block traffic and demand a do over. 

Mature citizens Accept what was done, not because it should have been done but understand that it could be done, for the wrong reasons.

Mature citizens sit back and wait to demonstrate their protests on Election Day. They volunteer. They give money. They lie to pollsters. They help get out the vote. And the vote, with pride, knowing that that is the only valid form of Mature protest. 

Trump has gained 600,000 new small donors in the last couple of weeks, and drew in only $5,000,000 yesterday.

I wonder how the Democrats did, donation wise, yesterday?

Are they still broke, both money wise, and as a party?

Edited by dena

7 hours ago, zak-striper said:

Very very few, other than the angry loose canons or the professional trolls every expressed any concern about the importance of the "Popular Vote" .  That is, at least in comparison to winning.

In 2016 he won the primaries and general election handily.

In 2019 the Democrats handed him a House victory.  

"go popular vote!"  

lol

3 hours ago, Seadogg said:

And while I disagree with the vote, I’ve accepted it. I’d also like to point out there have been no riots, no people wailing at the sky, etc. 

Waiting for some Republicans to wear genetalia costumes and scream to the full moon for reprieve on the injustices of the universe.