Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lagerhead

Now that Trump has been impeached...

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

21 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Trump should take note of this.

Oh he has, he has. He mentioned that last night at his huge rally in Michigan.

I was reading a little about where impeachments came from. In jolly old England, when the King vetoed the parliament, realizing that they could not muster enough votes to override his veto, they instead would impeach his ministers for giving him bad advice. In effect, a temper tantrum action.

I think it has been very obvious these past three years who has been throwing the tantrums. Miss Nancy admitted that the impeachment process began on the day he took his oath of office. We have seen how the previous president conducted himself as well, and that is being properly investigated, and soon there will be more tantrums.

The vote against impeachment was bipartisan you know.

4 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

I think it has been very obvious these past three years who has been throwing the tantrums.

For those not wearing partisan glasses it is quite obvious.

As i woke up this am having thought of yesterday's impeachment vote , it's a troubling day to remember,  only one other day can he so saddened for most of us . September 23, 2011 the final episode All My Children saying goodbye to Erica Kane for ever , it was not easy back then . Just a moment of silence now .......

And I woke with a sense of optimism. This country, my adopted home, proved its worth. When a corrupt leader abuses his power - which is the case in many many countries - far more often than not he remains uncensored. I am very proud that this one was. Despite huge political risk justice remains. No one is above the law, that’s one phrase I took to heart when studying the constitution for citizenship in 2016. 

When he gets reelected in 2020 what will the Libs do?  Many heads will explode for sure, and record scripts for anti depressants will be written.

Trump will have more flexibility after he gets reelected, just like Obama told Medvedev.  It will be an interesting 5 years.

43 mins ago, icarussound said:

And I woke with a sense of optimism. This country, my adopted home, proved its worth. When a corrupt leader abuses his power - which is the case in many many countries - far more often than not he remains uncensored. I am very proud that this one was. Despite huge political risk justice remains. No one is above the law, that’s one phrase I took to heart when studying the constitution for citizenship in 2016. 

It doesn’t actually appear in the Constitution. That phrase you remember memorizing so well.

The President is supposed to obstruct Congress. It is written in to the Constitution.

1 hour ago, FishinMortician said:

It doesn’t actually appear in the Constitution. That phrase you remember memorizing so well.

The President is supposed to obstruct Congress. It is written in to the Constitution.

“"No man is so high that he is above the law.... All officers are creatures of the law and are bound to obey it."”

— The Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation Annotations of Cases Decided by the Supreme Court of the United States to June 30, 1952 by Edward Samuel Corwin

3 hours ago, FishinMortician said:

The vote against impeachment was bipartisan you know.

and the MSM is unwilling to put it in those terms-   Lemmings all of them. 

2 hours ago, icarussound said:

Democrats have proven nothing beyond their own stupid self serving partisanship.

I don't know where you originally hail from but welcome.

You still have much to learn........

2 hours ago, icarussound said:

utter bull