adams54

Need options for wading boots

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys I need some advice on wading boots. Ive had the same stocking foot waders for a few years now...the idea behind stocking foot was so that I could put studs in wading boots for when I decide to hop on jetties and rocks etc. The problem Im having is that when I fish from the sand after about 1-1/2 hrs my boots fill up with a lot of sand. So much sand that it saps my strength to the point where I need to fish a shorter time then I originally planned.

So basically I need new wading boots. The waders I mentioned has a "gravel guard" which clips to the boot laces. My current boots are about 2 inches higher then my ankle. My thinking is I need something higher then that. Any ideas what my options are?

I appreciate the feedback. Happy holidays to all.

I use an additional set of “wrap around” guards under the ones attached to the waders, I get very little sand in my boots as a result. Something very similar to these....

DAE40941-D044-4A8D-9F58-97882F0494DA.jpeg

C49FA72C-384C-4C79-AF08-622E601F261D.jpeg

I sometimes use a set of SIMMS neoprene gravel guards wrapped tightly around my wader gravel guards. It helps but nothing keeps all the sand out if you are beach wading a lot. Especially if it’s wavy. 
Some people use Crocs because they are easy to take off and rinse out.  
Best solution is boot foot waders as much as I hate walking in them. 

3 hours ago, beerdoh said:

I sometimes use a set of SIMMS neoprene gravel guards wrapped tightly around my wader gravel guards. It helps but nothing keeps all the sand out if you are beach wading a lot. Especially if it’s wavy. 
Some people use Crocs because they are easy to take off and rinse out.  
Best solution is boot foot waders as much as I hate walking in them. 

Might just go the crocs route. Wont be good for the rocks but I'll just have to plan accordingly. Thanks for the input

Boot foot for sand and stocking foot for when you need spikes. In the fall I fish a lot more sand so I find myself using the boot foots more. And when I fish the sand in the summer I just wear neoprene booties. Spring / summer usually go stocking foot. BUT there are times when I have both pairs in the car.