Birdman21

Wader recommendations

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

After many years ( 45) of wearing waders in the surf (and selling them in a tackle shop for more than a decade) I have found spending the absolute most you can afford on a pair of waders is the best way to go. They all leak after a while, some quicker than others, but the more pricier ones seem to last longer. I have worn Bean and Orvis for the last 20 years or so with pretty good results..A few of my buddies say Simms are THE best.

Edited by VanStaalSteve

I’ve tried a bunch of types. Simms have lasted me the longest.  Cheapest model Simms. Actually they are the first pair of waders that lasted me a full season.  Although there are a bunch of holes in them from hooks. A dab of super glue on them did the trick! 

15 hours ago, Mojoe said:

Went from Frog Toggs to Simms Freestone. So far so good. 

13 hours ago, GB fishing nyc said:

+1 for Simms freestone!

+2

Edited by chitala383

LL bean Emergers. They have lasted me 2 years now, and I am rough on them.  Comes with a patch in case of a hook going through. There warranty is solid, and can go right to the store and they will take care of leaking waders.   

11 mins ago, HoldMyBass said:

LL bean Emergers. They have lasted me 2 years now, and I am rough on them.  Comes with a patch in case of a hook going through. There warranty is solid, and can go right to the store and they will take care of leaking waders.   

I was looking at the emergers. which boot are u wearing with them?