mark d

Wtb ssv 4500 with brass gears

18 posts in this topic

I have a very lightly used Penn 4500 SSV with the brass gears which were installed by Penn.  I will post pics tonight when I get home from work.

I also have a lightly used Penn Slammer 3 4500 that I am considering selling.

Here are the pics.  The reel is in great shape with the only exception being a couple worn spots in pic 4.  This reel was only fished from sand beaches so that must have been from when he reel was sitting around.  Pic 1 contains the original gears that Penn had taken out when I had the brass ones installed.  I haven't used it this year and don't believe I even used it in 2018.  If I did, it was very minimal.  The reel was never dunked and only splashed from waves off the beach.  I believe it has 300 yards of 15lbs j braid.  I'll take $50 for a quick sale and pick up.  Buyer would have to pay shipping/pay pal fees.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

pic1.jpg.a2952b1409c8307b93a23e2e45af6861.jpgpic2.jpg.07a60ccfc72f5dda17ddd30f10a3dbc8.jpgpic3.jpg.6625057783c62c80ee8783d2351c953c.jpgpic4.jpg.31fc8f06b1c702469032425cd4f7909a.jpgpic5.jpg.21d33d801293fdf15f89e2f32990e79d.jpg

Edited by jps1010

finally able to open the reply field. i am on my ship at sea in bad weather with crappy internet. ok so yes i will take it.......unless the slammer you mentioned is gonna be a really good deal ?

please let me know what shipping and paypal will be and the info on the slammer. if i do not get back right away it's because the internet ain't working. 

my wife don't know it yet but she is about to finally give me a good xmas present....been getting shirts for 27 years...i hate shirts

thks, mark

Hi Mark.  Sounds good.  I will take picks of the Slammer tomorrow for you and will get you a price.  I think I have the box for it too.  I will also look into the shipping and let you know the cost of each.  Thanks.

Hi Mark.  For the Penn SSV 4500, standard USPS shipping to VA and PayPal fees $62 ($50 insurance comes with it). 

Here are the pics for the Slammer 3 4500.  It's in great condition.  I believe it has 300 yards of 14lb Fireline Crystal.  I haven't fished it much at all.  It has never been dunked and only fished from sand beaches.  I have the original box and the other knob that comes with it.  $125 picked up or $140 shipped standard USPS, PayPal ($100 insurance which I can add to but would increase price).

Let me know what you want to do.  Thanks.

Slammer1.jpg

Slammer2.jpg

Slammer3.jpg

Slammer4.jpg

hey jps, the slammer looks great and the price is fine but due to poverty i am going to pass on it. i do thank you for offering it.

please send me your info via pm and i will pay up immediately for the ssv

thks jps

On 12/20/2019 at 5:38 PM, jps1010 said:

Hi Mark.  For the Penn SSV 4500, standard USPS shipping to VA and PayPal fees $62 ($50 insurance comes with it). 

Here are the pics for the Slammer 3 4500.  It's in great condition.  I believe it has 300 yards of 14lb Fireline Crystal.  I haven't fished it much at all.  It has never been dunked and only fished from sand beaches.  I have the original box and the other knob that comes with it.  $125 picked up or $140 shipped standard USPS, PayPal ($100 insurance which I can add to but would increase price).

Let me know what you want to do.  Thanks.

Slammer1.jpg

Slammer2.jpg

Slammer3.jpg

Slammer4.jpg

May I offer $130 for the slammer?

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 hours ago, viper2788 said:

You may have to start your own WTB thread, this might be hijacking.

Edited by richie c

17 hours ago, viper2788 said:

Hi, thanks for the interest.  I already sold two other reels so I considering keeping the Slammer.  As you can see the reel looks new so $130 is too low shipped/PayPal.  Let me know if you can come up a bit.