flyangler

Wednesday: Impeach Trump. Thursday: Pass Trump’s USMCA

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Some irony, huh?

Today The Dems will vote to impeach Trump after telling us for weeks that his continued presidency represents a clear and present danger to the USA. 

Tomorrow the Dems will vote to pass Trump’s USMCA, a 14 year, renewable trade deal showing the Dems can work with Trump. 

The Dems will go from Trump being an existential threat to having power to be acknowledged in a span of a day. 

And the Dems wonder why they are losing the public’s trust. 

Its political expedience to pass the USMCA, they have to before the end of the year, next year on the hustings Dems will claim, Trump is lying that we did nothing, we passed the USMCA last year.

Edited by zybathegeek

30 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

Its political expedience to pass the USMCA, they have to before the end of the year, next year on the hustings Dems will claim, Trump is lying that we did nothing, we passed the USMCA last year.

17 mins ago, J said:

After they let it collect cobwebs for how long? 

Deal was signed by the three country leaders in September 2018. So 14 months of nothing. 

but here’s the problem for the Democrats, estimates I have seen is that of this deal once in a fact will live between 1/2 and a full point to GDP, possibly within the first year. Estimates on job creation run from 150,000 to over 500,000 in the first couple years. So by delaying it to this point the economic impact, a positive, will be filled right in front of the election, exactly what Trump wants. So in a certain way, by waiting this long, the Democrats have done Trump a favor.

If the Democrats were smart, which I know was an oxymoron, they would’ve passed this sometime last spring, so that all the incremental growth and jobs would be old news by summer 2020. Instead, they are giving Trump the ultimate talking point right when he’s going to need it.

In case it hasn’t gone down on the Democrats, Trump is going to do the exact same thing with the China trade deal. The growth from that, due to less uncertainty or actual trade and enhance revenue, will also kick in just before the election.

Not sure whether this is possible, but I like the idea.

Earlier on Fox & Friends, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., suggested that a future Congress may even expunge the vote to impeach the president. "Well, I think they'll just brush this aside. Maybe a future Congress would even expunge this vote because it is the thinnest, fastest, weakest impeachment in American history," he said. "And the sad part, you have to go back and look at this. The speaker admits for the last two and a half years, she's been trying to impeach this president."

Tommy why do Republicans cry no matter which fork in the road is taken???

it's weird,

If the Dems did NOTHING you would cry about it,

if they push thru legislation you cry about it,

Have the GOP marching orders been reduced to just whining and sniveling about everything,

man up.

6 mins ago, J said:

So, he's got them coming and going..... :laugh: 

I wrote my decade-end note to internal colleagues yesterday. Part of it was a discussion of how the risk to a low growth, low rate, no Fed 2020 outlook is a potential upside surprise. 

2020 GDP estimates are 1.5-2.0%, at best. No Fed policy changes and no change in rates based on pricing in the futures and forwards markets. That is the reining consensus. 

But what if these trade deals are really stimulative, beyond what the few economists who think about them estimate? That is not in most economists’ estimates. 

And what about the stimulative impact of three Fed eases and lower rates? What if that turns out to be stronger than most think? 

We will know by mid-year but if there was a question of the economy performing better or worse than the consensus view, put me down for the over. 

59 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Tommy why do Republicans cry no matter which fork in the road is taken???

it's weird,

If the Dems did NOTHING you would cry about it,

if they push thru legislation you cry about it,

Have the GOP marching orders been reduced to just whining and sniveling about everything,

man up.

Pointing out Alf left Democrat hypocrisy is far from whining Frank, you’re flailing as bad as your Party. Carry on