codfish

Trump vows to bring nation 'together as never before'

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

"Now it's time for America to bind the wounds of division — have to get together," Trump told screaming supporters gathered at the New York Hilton. "To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people." 

Words from Trumps past, food for thought:) what say you??

14 mins ago, codfish said:

"Now it's time for America to bind the wounds of division — have to get together," Trump told screaming supporters gathered at the New York Hilton. "To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people." 

Well he said all that chit to Ted Cruz snd Ted Cruz still came crawling up to him to sniff his ass.

i suppose he thinks others will do the same?

1 hour ago, codfish said:

I'd love to see us divide as never before.

It is time for a severe backlash, with fatal consequences, for the Progressive Left and their unending quest to destroy our culture.

Hillary had it right when she said something to effect of "Trump doesn't want to move us back to 1948, he wants to move us back to 1848."  

I'd like to meet somewhere in the middle.

53 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

I'd love to see us divide as never before.

It is time for a severe backlash, with fatal consequences, for the Progressive Left and their unending quest to destroy our culture.

Hillary had it right when she said something to effect of "Trump doesn't want to move us back to 1948, he wants to move us back to 1848."  

I'd like to meet somewhere in the middle.

Why do you think it's a good idea to go back to 1848?

Edit: Or whatever somewhere in the middle means..... 1898?  The industrial revolution is over dude, it's not coming back.

Edited by Hokepokey

3 hours ago, codfish said:

From his victory speech, right? 

When did the efforts to end his presidency at any cost start? Before he started delivering that speech?  

When did The Resistance rise? By the end of that speech? 

I would say his approval would be worse if you and your lefty buddies and media did not come up with hoax after hoax, fake scandal after scandal. Middle of the road people who would not vote for him even see how far fetched and unhinged the left has become. Promised he was a Russian agent. promised economic failure, nuclear war , etc. Let Trump be Trump and he would shoot himself in the foot but people like that he sticks up for himself and the working people and that he speaks to them directly without double speak fending off attack after attack.

Edited by Flybyme

Trump or no Trump, we all lose on a day like today. The Left's insatiable appetite for power is unacceptable and very dangerous. 2020 will be great for the Right. Dems have burned down bridges that they might need to cross someday. They deserve all of the grief and strife they have created. 

F the gov't. Shut it down and see who survives, I bet it will not be a liberal democrat. 

So many thoughts about Donald Trump and what he is (why he is) go back to a day for me before he was elected.  Ive noted it before many times, let me see if I can find it (hold music-Girl From Ipanema)

Here from April 2017.  Yours truly.

Let me preface by saying I never thought Trump had a chance of winning against the Hillary.  Never did  But winter of 2015, I am up in the lakes region of NH at a customer's office, I am there fairly often and have been for years I know lots of his folks.  Mr H is having some construction done and theres a bunch of roughnecks there.  I walk through the parking lot and see a Trump sticker on a pickup truck.  What?  These are Irish Union 4th generation mooks from Boston.  A Trump sticker???

They were sitting down to eat and we were going over stuff with them, and when we were done, I was ribbing them, "which of you democrats has the balls to ride around with a Trump sticker?"

And all of them chime in, "heyy man, Trumps our guy!  Hes from our side even though he's the boss.  Hes not like that Hillary, we got no use for her.  Maybe he can help us, she cant."

I was floored.  Floored.  And I thought about it, and then it clicked.  The Democrat party has gone full tilt welfare and bureaucrats.  And the Leftists here were at that time bragging that we will win this election "with black and brown people!"  Saying it here.

And I told this story here on PG.  Know what the reaction was from the SOL PG left wing?  Told me the story was a lie.  Didnt even want to acknowledge it.  Well it wasnt a lie.  And it happened.  Didnt it?  And its going to be a long time before men that actually work for a living fall back in line with that freekin party, mark my words.

I was in that office on inauguration day.  And so was Paul, one of the lead construction guys who is now part of that team.  Ten or 12 people in RJs office and hallway watching the tv.  The liberal women were scowling saying rude things out loud, just awful behavior.  Paul and I dead silent.  At some point, one of the girls began to openly cry, and it started another girl to boo hooing.

Paulie could take no more.  He said just loud enough to be heard, but just soft enough to intimate that he was speaking under his breath, "what in the hell is wrong with these people?"  Thats the day I ruptured a kidney and spleen trying to hold back the biggest laugh of my entire life.

I didnt vote for Donald Trump, and he is no conservative, and thats a shame.  But he has given me unending joy and amusement in watching him rip, RIP the hearts and souls out of Obama/Bernie/Hillary nation (now the regional Obama/Bernie/Hillary faction).

But I said all that to prove a point.  What I am still hearing shows there is no reflection or learning curve from the leftists with regards to why they lost this election, or why they lost the state houses, or the governorships, or the Supreme Court seats.  None of it

Patriots look at the last sentence.  It applies today just as much as it did those years ago.

7 hours ago, tomkaz said:

From his victory speech, right? 

When did the efforts to end his presidency at any cost start? Before he started delivering that speech?  

When did The Resistance rise? By the end of that speech? 

-

Before he came down the elevator is what IMO we're going to find out, eventually.

18 mins ago, nalu22 said:

-

Before he came down the elevator is what IMO we're going to find out, eventually.

They were already spying on the declared Republican candidates, once Trump announced, things fell into place to join the spied on club. 

1 hour ago, dena said:

They were already spying on the declared Republican candidates, once Trump announced, things fell into place to join the spied on club. 

-

Wonder if Barry knew?? - :laugh: