TDTruong

Need help with reel size

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Take the rod to a couple shops and try a few. I have been loving the 15 oz boca/cabo size 50 paired to most 9 footers. It is the closest thing to a penn 710z that I have found. Not sure if you are familiar with the old Z but it was ideal (size, weight,  line cap) on most 9 footers. There is too much variation these days with size # and actual size. 

1 hour ago, redfin said:

Take the rod to a couple shops and try a few. I have been loving the 15 oz boca/cabo size 50 paired to most 9 footers. It is the closest thing to a penn 710z that I have found. Not sure if you are familiar with the old Z but it was ideal (size, weight,  line cap) on most 9 footers. There is too much variation these days with size # and actual size. 

I have a old Z custom didn’t like how it felt on the rod. 

2 hours ago, redfin said:

For sure.  It would be nice if spool lip diameters were given as part of the specifications.