flylikabird

Mookie Betts To The L.A. Dodgers

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Baseball Writer and Red Sox Insider Alex Speier is hinting on social media that the Dodgers are really interested?

I say cut bait with him while you can because he's gonna leave anyways and lose Price, JBJ.  

Jackie Bradley Jr. is far too inconsistent at the plate!

Thoughts Red Sox Nation?   Stove is starting to cook!

Edited by flylikabird

Thoughts, for such a dieing fan base sport,  these guys get paid way too much money.

Why not have a 10 team league with no cap and no salary constraints at all.

love Mookie, but not for $380M+...

I'll miss JBJ... I know he's a career .230 hitter, but defensively he was amazing... 

I hated Price's contract the day he signed it, and I hoped he would have opted out... happy he helped win the WS in 2018, but time to trade him... 

If they can trade Betts to Dodgerland for a haul of minor league talent so be it.

If Betts is traded I would keep JBJ just for his defensive ability.

As far as Price goes who would want him at the money the Sox are paying him?

The Sox would probably have to eat a good chunk of contract change for anybody to take him. 

I would also keep Holt if Betts is gone but I suspect he will be gone and signed elsewhere before anything gets done with a Betts trade.

From what I've read there is a fairly robust market for Price, the Sox may even be able to dump his entire contract, which would be a minor miracle.  At worst they will probably have to eat one third of it and get a 2nd tier prospect in return.  Heck if they could swap him straight up for a solid bullpen guy it would be a coup.

I love Mookie, shame he doesn't really want to stay here.  The odds the Sox are winning the WS next year are minimal so if he's gone they pretty much have to trade him.  They might get more if they wait til the trade deadline and that way we'd get half a season more of Mookie's greatness.