Matt7082

Suggestions for a Boston Food Tour

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

Planning a 3-4 day food/drink tour in Boston in a few weeks. Meeting a couple in the city for a long weekend and they’ve never visited Boston. We’ll be staying in the north end. We like food. ALL FOOD. My buddy is a wine snob, and his wife and I are beer geeks. Trillium and Sam Adams is already on the list. Looking for some food suggestions. I’m not very familiar with the city. Where should we go?

10 hours ago, Matt7082 said:

Planning a 3-4 day food/drink tour in Boston in a few weeks. Meeting a couple in the city for a long weekend and they’ve never visited Boston. We’ll be staying in the north end. We like food. ALL FOOD. My buddy is a wine snob, and his wife and I are beer geeks. Trillium and Sam Adams is already on the list. Looking for some food suggestions. I’m not very familiar with the city. Where should we go?

Buck Foston

If this is your thing, however, you can do worse than taking the beer/history tour.  It's like a pub crawl of old joints in Boston with beers and history at each stop.  A lot of it is that sucky Sam Adams fake historical stuff, but they acknowledge it and laugh about it.  Search for Boston Crawling.  It's a fun couple of hours.

In the north end...

Giacomo's-Good Italian food ,responsibility priced.....Their pumpkin tortellini is incredible

Neptunes Oysters -Seafood ,a little pricy

The Sail Loft-Simple seafood dishes well made.inexpensive

Reginas Pizza

7 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

In the north end...

Giacomo's-Good Italian food ,responsibility priced.....Their pumpkin tortellini is incredible

Reginas Pizza

All good choices. We really like Artu in the North End. Food is great, prices are reasonable and a good wine list. Loves me some Reginas pizza too

1 hour ago, Tom T said:

Buck Foston

If this is your thing, however, you can do worse than taking the beer/history tour.  It's like a pub crawl of old joints in Boston with beers and history at each stop.  A lot of it is that sucky Sam Adams fake historical stuff, but they acknowledge it and laugh about it.  Search for Boston Crawling.  It's a fun couple of hours.

Thanks. We’re not necessarily interested in any of the “tours”. We’re planning to just hangout and wing it. Basically looking for your favorite or “must have” spots whenever you visit the city. 

53 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

In the north end...

Reginas Pizza

Good list (I think Giacomo's is cash only, just an FYI) that I would add Umberto's to in the North End for a very cheap good meal, cafeteria style with beer and wine, go early (11am) they serve until they run out of food and the line starts early.  Sicilian pizza and arancini are incredible, yeah I'm a mick from Southie but I have a lot of friends from the North End and East Boston who will concur.  Say hi to Ralph if you go.