TDTruong

SaltX rod

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Very happy with it. I put some time in with the 1002M this season. Very responsive, quick recovery, punches wind well and very easy to work a pencil. Casted larger eels and then 13.5” GT Eel as well as I could have expected. 

1 min ago, tfucini said:

Very happy with it. I put some time in with the 1002M this season. Very responsive, quick recovery, punches wind well and very easy to work a pencil. Casted larger eels and then 13.5” GT Eel as well as I could have expected. 

What is the sweet spot for the rod you have? I’m looking into getting the same rod. 

The 3/4 - 3 3/4 rating is very accurate, it was tough to hone in the rating because I wanted to make it “1/2 - 4” but that is a bit much for any rod. The true sweet spot is larger than anyone had expected it would be. I comfortably threw 1/2 oz bucktails upto a 4oz plug. I stressed it to 5 1/3 oz with the heavier savage jig but it was definitely out of the comfort zone. It did launch the 5/8 mag date extremely well but It didn’t quite load it as much as I wanted to. If you fish redfins, SP minnows, SS darters, and metal lips you will be comfortable fishing all of those. The blank deflects like a faster action rod but when you lay into it on a cast or trying to steer a fish it will feels more parabolic. I’ll have the full SaltX rod range at the CSA demo day in January, if it’s a nice day I’d be happy to let you make some test casts. 

Held one for the first time the other day at a tackle shop, was very impressed. If my GSB didn't have sentimental value to it (first rod I made, ugly as hell) I'd probably pick it up.

31 mins ago, C.Robin said:

Held one for the first time the other day at a tackle shop, was very impressed. If my GSB didn't have sentimental value to it (first rod I made, ugly as hell) I'd probably pick it up.

Could never have just one surf rod!