Thumb-Burner

do real people buy new cars for Christmas gifts?

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

ive always laughed at the numerous commercials showing people putting a bow on a forty thousand dollar new car.  do people really do this?

Edited by Thumb-Burner
correct typo

45 mins ago, Thumb-Burner said:

ive always laughed at the numerous commercials showing people putting a bow on a forty thousand dollar new car.  do people really do this?

I believe they do, I'm planning on doing it next year for the wife. This way I get the Expedition to turn into my beach vehicle. 

4 mins ago, hobobob said:

Way more sensible than that spec of pebble no? 

As long as that pebble is real it should still be worth a good amount after 10 years. Unlike most cars.

I had a client years ago that bought his wife a nice red Jaguar. She hates the color red, so they ended up taking it back in a trading it in for a different color plus another $10k. They obviously aren't married any more....

21 mins ago, PCstriper said:

As long as that pebble is real it should still be worth a good amount after 10 years. Unlike most cars.

People say the same about bitcoins. I would invest in amazon gift cards. 

Wifey and I were laughing at all the Christmas car commercials just the other night. I don’t have the money to buy presents like new cars but there are plenty of people who do. I always wondered if car dealerships have a supply of giant bows during the holidays.