codfish

Slowly becoming a Pescatarian

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

:):)

Pescetarianism

Description

Pescetarianism or pescatarianism is the practice of adhering to a diet that incorporates seafood as the only source of meat in an otherwise vegetarian diet. Most pescetarians are ovo-lacto vegetarians who eat seafood along with dairy products and eggs.

I'm a lardass-otarian.

I eat like crap and eventually will look like this guy. 

Screenshot_20191217-224910_Chrome.jpg.c6ca06b76583636149d3a782f562c304.jpg

After that happens, just wheel me out to the Scusset pier to throw dead max with the crew......

4 hours ago, Sandbar1 said:

Humans evolved to eat red meat, just saying.......

Though I do love some fresh seafood :howdy:

Respectfully differ slightly here. I think humans evolved to eat just about anything. (Though red meat featured prominently in our historical diet) I'd say we are the trash pandas of primates. Whatever was available we ate. 

1 hour ago, rst3 said:

Respectfully differ slightly here. I think humans evolved to eat just about anything. (Though red meat featured prominently in our historical diet) I'd say we are the trash pandas of primates. Whatever was available we ate. 

Agreed. But now that we have a much longer life expectancy than our evolved ancestors, and we have more choices as to what we eat, food doesn't have to be a limiting factor on quality of life and how long we live. 

Edited by MikeFlyGuy

Slowly moving in that direction.  No particular reason.......just wanted to do something different.

Changed my diet about 6 months ago by eliminating red meat, processed meats and cut way back on salt and sugars.

Now,  I do some form of raw or cooked fin or shellfish about three times a week.  Chicken, nuts, almond "milk", salad greens, raw vegetables round out rest.  Practicing portion control.   Also, at least 64 ounces of liquids, primarily water, daily.  

Lost 14 pounds and feel marginally better.

16 mins ago, Joe G said:

Slowly moving in that direction.  No particular reason.......just wanted to do something different.

Changed my diet about 6 months ago by eliminating red meat, processed meats and cut way back on salt and sugars.

Now,  I do some form of raw or cooked fin or shellfish about three times a week.  Chicken, nuts, almond "milk", salad greens, raw vegetables round out rest.  Practicing portion control.   Also, at least 64 ounces of liquids, primarily water, daily.  

Lost 14 pounds and feel marginally better.

Joe we are on the same path:) and I have to work on the 64 Oz of liquids, I do like Sam Adams beer:laugh: