Tog Jig - stinger hooks

Rate this topic

onemorecast85

1 hour ago, Snaps said:

Rod is no good?? Why is the rod no good???  WTF does he know about jigging for tog??? On the sea beast, he was jigging for bergals, and then feeding them to the seagull who wouldn't leave, the effing boat alone, and kept going after the crabs on our rigs !!!!! Thanks to McGee, for providing entertainment.

That rod will be great for jigging fluke. That's where it rose to prominence. Toggers co-opted it.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

Well some poll said the rod I have came in third place. I don't know who was polled but I figgered that Tomm knew his stuff about jigging rods. What do I know. I know nothing of rods or reels. I'm a rank amateur. A plebe. I can't even tie knots. I'm an abject failure. Eff me. 

The Magnificent Presence

1576018204175525551317913684141.jpg.8097492e0716081cafb88e1ae65592bf.jpgThe assist hooks looks like it would be more trouble than it's worth. I would think it would be difficult to set the second hook in the bait. If I were to go with a second hook on a jig I'd use 20 lb mono to give me flexibility in getting into the crab. I do like the two jigs with up facing hooks have you had more success with those compared to the other?

Tog fishing in NJ is not consistent enough to evaluate these. It's an incomplete experiment at this point. 

I'm not putting both hooks into one crab. I set this up for two half crabs so I get two baits down there. Two chances to swing and miss

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."