onemorecast85

Tog Jig - stinger hooks

Rate this topic

86 posts in this topic

As tog jigging gains in popularity and seems to be used later into the season I've seen several variations of stinger hooks being used. I've seen a loose hook above the jig which is free to slide, a snelled hook attached to the jig eye and a snelled hook attached to the jig hook. I haven't tried either approach yet so I was wondering whether some sharpies who have would share some insight, preferences, tie approach, etc. I've seen these approaches used by others on a few trips I've been on and fish were caught on the stinger. Are those that use the stinger also baiting those hooks? I'd think the snelled hooks line would want to be relatively short ~ 6"or so. Any other considerations?? Thanks

Supernova-I get what you are saying, and yes I do agree with you

OMC85-I have caught them on both Slider above the jig .

Stinger- ( my preference is ties to the jig eye) Yes bait both the Jig and stinger hook, and yes relatively short. On days when the Bite maybe picky, a LIGHT snelled stinger may help to hook em. Sometimes you want to keep it simple,  and just use the Jig.

Edited by Snaps

4 mins ago, Snaps said:

Supernova-I get what you are saying, and yes I do agree with you

OMC85-I have caught them on both Sliver above the jig and Stinger- ( my preference is ties to the jig eye) Yes bait both the Jig and stinger hook, and yes relatively short. On days when the Bite maybe picky, a LIGHT snelled stinger may help to hook em. Sometimes you want to keep it simple, JUST USE THE JIG.

Thanks, I’m all for simple. Was just curious having seen the stinger produce this year.

30 mins ago, mickrazz said:

Eff jigs and eff stinger hooks. If you can't catch with one hook go for ling.

Mah man!!!

(I use a slider rig :o )

2 mins ago, Tom T said:

Mah man!!!

(I use a slider rig :o )

I'll break you of that habit. I used to use a slider and even a snafu. I found it was a pain to bait both hooks. Its faster just baiting one. 

3 mins ago, mickrazz said:

I'll break you of that habit. I used to use a slider and even a snafu. I found it was a pain to bait both hooks. Its faster just baiting one. 

Like your life is so fast paced IGBAH!

1 hour ago, onemorecast85 said:

real value add comment, thanks for the input.

I see you're new around here. We joke around a lot, not that I need to explain myself. I detect some sarcasm in your comment. I don't like jigs, nor do I use stinger hooks, slider hooks, triple hooks or any other multi hook system.

If you like jigs its ok with me. When you ask for comments sometimes you will get one you don't agree with. If I offended you I beg your forgiveness. I'm an ok guy..just ask anyone down here in the bottom forum.

9 mins ago, mickrazz said:

I see you're new around here. We joke around a lot, not that I need to explain myself. I detect some sarcasm in your comment. I don't like jigs, nor do I use stinger hooks, slider hooks, triple hooks or any other multi hook system.

If you like jigs its ok with me. When you ask for comments sometimes you will get one you don't agree with. If I offended you I beg your forgiveness. I'm an ok guy..just ask anyone down here in the bottom forum.

Next time don’t clog up my post related to jigs if you don’t like jigs. 

It’s all good, I’m a fan of sarcasm as you picked up in my response.