DZ

Impeachment and the Senate

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

Hearing that the first motion in a Senate trial could be to dismiss the entire thing.  Only needs 51 votes to pass.  Will this happen?

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

I think there should be witnesses........

I'd love to see Rudy explain what he did under oath.

Be careful what you wish for...

Edited by Nite_Bite_00

I am big in favor of the Senate saying "in your face you insane morons" to the House

Also would look fun to have the Articles passed by a totally partisan thin margin, and then have them tossed by a totally partisan thin margin.

Sems like sweet karma justice

I'm hearing some progs start to say that the House should vote to impeach but not send the articles of impeachment to the senate.

Sounds like a winning plan,,,,lol

22 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

I hope so, then maybe they can get back to their real jobs and pass a F'ing bill or two.

Psssst, Moscow Mitch has been blocking bills since Jan 2017. Once the Senate trial is over he's not going to suddenly start to.

Edited by zak-striper

1 min ago, zak-striper said:

Psssst, Moscow Mit h had been blocking bills since Jan 2017. Once the Senate trial is over he's not going to suddenly start to.

Psssst. No one cares what you think.

21 mins ago, Nite_Bite_00 said:

Be careful what you wish for...

Rudy will fill us in after the impeachment fiasco is squelched when he testifies before Lindsey's Senate Judiciary committee hearing, as will maybe the Bidens, the faux whistle blower and a few other real fact witnesses the dimms would not call in the House. Hopefully even schiftless will be made to pony up or perjure himself about the WB. It will be funny when he refuses, and obvious to all that he is guilty IAW his own standards which say if he's not guilty then he should be willing to testify. 

Edited by Rickman

Just now, Rickman said:

Rudy will fill us in after the impeachment fiasco is squelched when he testifies before Lindsey's Senate Judiciary committee hearing, as will maybe the Bidens, the faux whistle blower and a few other real fact witnesses the dimms would not call in the House. Hopefully even schiftless will be made to pony up or perjure himself about the WB.

I bet Schiff will obstruct the senate by challenging a subpoena in court.  They should throw him out of the house if he does

16 mins ago, zak-striper said:

Psssst, Moscow Mitch has been blocking bills since Jan 2017. Once the Senate trial is over he's not going to suddenly start to.

Mitch isn't bringing no left nut crap to the floor.

Edited by mitchell master

33 mins ago, DZ said:

Hearing that the first motion in a Senate trial could be to dismiss the entire thing.  Only needs 51 votes to pass.  Will this happen?

They could. I don't think they will.

I believe Chief Justice Roberts is to preside. He will not wish to quickly close the proceedings, because he won't wish to give an impression that he is in the President's pocket. The various subpoena fights that are underway may or may not be ended by a dismissal of the case. If he anticipates that the Supreme Court will have to rule on multiple cases of great interest to the President, he's not going to want to do anything now to create the impression that the President owns the Court, either.  So Roberts will not be quick to close the hearing. Sen. Cruz will be sensitive to that, too, and he might not support a quick closure.  What Senator Romney will do is anybody's guess.

Nose counting of Senate votes usually includes Senator King (I-Maine) with the Democrats. I don't know what his take may be on the proceedings, but his voters didn't elect him just to vote the Democratic Party line.

The President makes a lot of noise about wanting a trial with witnesses. I don't think he's serious; Justice Roberts might be willing to issue subpoenas for Bolton, etc. He certainly wouldn't want to have them testify now, after previously instructing them to ignore Congressional subpoenas. Getting Biden Jr. on the stand wouldn't be worth the damage that would ensue from having his Chief of Staff, Bolton, or Giuliani being subpoenaed. After all, what's the worst thing that Hunter Biden has done? Act like a Trump child and sucked up money, right and left.