Phish_Jimmy

Black Sea Bass

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Just a few questions regarding Black Sea Bass out back, specifically Northern MOCO. I have an angler kayak and have been back in the rivers many times, but never fished on it. I'm looking to go out back on the kayak for Sea Bass in the spring. What is the earliest the fish will usually start showing up in the rivers/bay? After some research it looks like bucktail hi-lo rig is the way to go. I know the waters pretty well and am looking at areas 15-20' deep. Any other suggestions that could be helpful?

On 12/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, Phish_Jimmy said:

Just a few questions regarding Black Sea Bass out back, specifically Northern MOCO. I have an angler kayak and have been back in the rivers many times, but never fished on it. I'm looking to go out back on the kayak for Sea Bass in the spring. What is the earliest the fish will usually start showing up in the rivers/bay? After some research it looks like bucktail hi-lo rig is the way to go. I know the waters pretty well and am looking at areas 15-20' deep. Any other suggestions that could be helpful?

I'm pretty sure the season opens on may 15th if I'm not mistaken. You're probably not gonna find any keepers out back at that time either I bet.. probably most will be like 10-15 miles off shore in may I fhink