rayndogg19

Spar questions

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

hey guys i have been using helmsman spar  satin since day one, but now cant find it at my local homies or lowes, and i have found it at wally world but its high gloss. the stuff i got from homies is varathane. not liking it! it breaks down into three part in the jar when not using it. 1 part liquid 2 powdery, cloudy substance ans 3 a hard gel that doesnt want to mix back up with the rest. any advise, i dont really like change on something that has worked well for me. and also im sure ive asked this before and probably know the answer but satin and gloss??? what differance if just using to seal with and lightly sanding before primer

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:53 PM, rayndogg19 said:

hey guys i have been using helmsman spar  satin since day one, but now cant find it at my local homies or lowes, and i have found it at wally world but its high gloss. the stuff i got from homies is varathane. not liking it! it breaks down into three part in the jar when not using it. 1 part liquid 2 powdery, cloudy substance ans 3 a hard gel that doesnt want to mix back up with the rest. any advise, i dont really like change on something that has worked well for me. and also im sure ive asked this before and probably know the answer but satin and gloss??? what differance if just using to seal with and lightly sanding before primer

have you tried outdoor polyurethane?

has worked for me since the day I started using it and have not had any adhesion problems at all and I don't use primer,I use spray cans rustoleum 2X coverage flat colors,works pisser.

HH