Jim DE

Cellphone Phoolery............ Random Images 2020

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

There are many advancements in photography and staying abreast with them for some is a never-ending passion. Probably one of the more universally experienced advancements is in the area of cellphone cameras and their IQ (image quality). There are many who have just about abandoned other forms of photography and have focused strictly on this format. I know the the University of Delaware even offers a credited course in cellphone photography.

Most of our population own cellphones and carry them nearly their whole day. We are never without the ability to capture the moment digitally and I see them in use daily. These camera's in all honesty produce some really great images. I have a iPhone 6splus and it continues to impress and amaze me.

I thought to have a specific thread that others could share their cellphone images and compare notes would be a interesting thread. Post your cellphone captured images here and share whatever information about the shot, camera, app, technique, software.... whatever you may want. Again I ask that you keep in mind the "family friendly" atmosphere we are striving for as you post your images. Post your 2020 Cellphone images here:

Posted (edited) · Report post

New guy here from Georgia who is liking the camera on my Google Pixel 3 XL. Shot at daybreak with a night sight mode on.

5e4417ab4a6fe_IMG_20200129_0714472.jpg.25def39aa9793ae1e0bfb8defebfedd4.jpg

Edited by Nein

One of the first few photos I took this year. It was taken on St Simons Island Ga January 1st. On the top  right of the photo is the shipwreck The Golden Ray.

Google Pixel 3 HDR auto mode.

IMG_20200101_165403~2.jpg

Edited by TimS
links to CNN and many commercial sites are blocked here

Pixel 3 astrophotography mode. 120 second exposure. F1.8 4.4mm ISO 2396. I would like to see how it would do with less ambient light in the area.

5e48915410a2f_IMG_20200215_1921412.jpg.de3b97f15dda58db9e10e9935773d6b5.jpg

Edited by Nein

I'm going to keep this going even though I'm the only one uploading cell phone photos. The Altamaha River flooding badly and people are having to use these deuce and a half trucks to get to their homes.

IMG_20200220_105124.jpg.876d215378c78160b9930a5b124e9ac6.jpg

Pixel 3 HDR+ mode straight out of the camera no editing.