ThrowinPlugs

Any downsides to the Revo 11?

35 posts in this topic

Hey all, I wanna jump and buy a pedal yak this year after 3nseason of paddling. I see a lot of Revos for sale here and there for around $1300 or less used. but a lot are 11 footers. I have a quest 13 which is basically a paddle Revo. Would I lose that much performance by going with an 11? Only using it inshore on the LIS on calm days and mostly back bays. No out front fishing for me. 

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? There is not much room inside the revo 13. I would imagine the revo 11 is pretty tight. 6 fort 1 and 200lbs.

Edited by dbjpb

3 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Hey all, I wanna jump and buy a pedal yak this year after 3nseason of paddling. I see a lot of Revos for sale here and there for around $1300 or less used. but a lot are 11 footers. I have a quest 13 which is basically a paddle Revo. Would I lose that much performance by going with an 11? Only using it inshore on the LIS on calm days and mostly back bays. No out front fishing for me. 

Depends on your height and weight. I pedal a Topwater 10'6".  It goes wider to accommodate more weight. Where it is equal with the Revo 11 is in windy conditions.  If you think you will be out in windy conditions, even in 10 knots the stern will constantly want to kick out.  Worse on a drift.  I would recommend going to the 13 . Longer helps with tracking and the R 13 can handle a larger pedaler.  I like my TW 106 in flat calm conditions with little chop and out of the wind. 

Edited by The Riddler

You’ll be losing the performance your used to on that  nice paddling Quest. With the 5” longer Revo 13, you will pedal or paddle more efficiently, and it will handle poor conditions better than the 11’.

57 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

I'm 5'7, 200lbs. Average and a little bulky lol.

I never owned the 11 but I think its safe to say you are near or over the max paddler weight.  

22 mins ago, The Riddler said:

I never owned the 11 but I think its safe to say you are near or over the max paddler weight.  

That blows. Gotta be a twig or spend a boatload for a "big boy" capacity yak...

13 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

That blows. Gotta be a twig or spend a boatload for a "big boy" capacity yak...

The passport 12 just started shipping and is a great value at $1,599. The 10.5 is more in your price range at $1,350 if you want a more basic boat that's light and stable.

49 mins ago, fishinbill said:

I'd agree with the above.  I have a Revo 16, and I can't imagine that having that much less room (length and width) would be a good thing.

The rev 11 is actually 1.5" wider than the 16 at 29" but the length and shape of the stern is a huge differentiation relating to speed and tracking. The 16 can haul a$$.

A 16 foot yak is way out of the question for where I am. No room for it. Eh I guess the search continues. Maybe one will pop in 13' at some point. I even thought about the pescador pilot, but after owning the pescador pro, the thing is like a tugboat. Super stable with plenty of room but it was like paddling a cinder block.

22 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Only using it inshore on the LIS on calm days and mostly back bays. No out front fishing for me. 

Just curious why you're only looking at Revos if you're primarily fishing calm conditions/back bays.